New app icon idea

Which apps?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share them- they aren’t coding apps

2 Likes

You can tell i think but we cant chat about them

2 Likes

I think it’s ok as long as they’re mostly age appropriate? It’s relevant to the topic which is about hopscotch as an app, we’re not talking about the apps themselves just a feature (?) they have which could maybe be implemented into hopscotch eventually

1 Like

It’s DEFINITELY kid friendly lol, it’s called Minion Rush

3 Likes

Oh! I played that when I was younger, I never really noticed the changing app icon however that’s likely cause I was young. Looking back though I vaguely remember it changing towards different themes and just the different themes in general even within the app made it more enticing. Which is another reason I believe the hopscotch app would benefit from something similar.

3 Likes

they could definitely do seasons

4 Likes

Yeah- with a Christmas theme around then too

2 Likes

probably just winter with christmas references— since not everyone celebrates christmas.

and i know not everyone celebrates halloween, but i think most people would appreciate a spooky-ish theme around then.

5 Likes

Good point- didn’t think about that.

3 Likes

it’s fine- i was going to suggest the same thing before i realized that.

maybe it could just be winter with red/green accents. same with halloween- fall themed but with purple/orange accents

5 Likes

Yes, a winter theme with a blue, silver, gold, red, green, and white color scheme could be nice , since those colors work for a few different winter holidays (Christmas, Hanukkah, and Yule in particular) and just fit the cold theme of winter in general

5 Likes