New app icon idea

so likeee I was totoally thinkign about how (no offense) boring the hopscotch app icon is and I thought it needed some pizzazz… AND THEN IT CAME TO ME. what if it had different themes like every month or so. I was thinking since the new minion movie came out in theatres today (yes, I already watched it at 3 seperate showings, now) that the first month of this could be minion themed!!! Here’s a couple things of concept art idk if the flames are too much or not lol. I could also design all these app icons for free just saying or you could have the entire community submit ideas every month as like a contest for a winner or smth and the winner can win seeds… just saying I have some pretty awesome ideas XD
Anywayz everyone lmk what u thinks!!
Pls only leave respectful criticisms

Examples here

14 Likes

They probably wouldn’t be able to implement it this month, but it’s a neat idea!

6 Likes

Those are really fun! But I think they need to go in the dht

4 Likes

I think this is a good idea, even if the icon changes stay for longer, and I love how you drew the icon

9 Likes

Thank you! Your kindness is much appreciated, haha. So nice to be able to hold these types of discussions with my fellow members of the hopscotch coding community! Appreciate your response.

5 Likes

Oh my gosh! Hi starbunny! Welcome back to the forum, great to have you here, my fellow coder :laughing: your response is much appreciated! Happy to have you here.

4 Likes

dude hiiii i follow u on the app and ur an awesome artist! love ur comic btw

and as a response to the topic, first off, ur drawing is amazing
second off, i think changing the logo every once in a while would be awesome
and thirdly, maybe HS could do this as a prize for a comp? like whoever wins gets to design the logo for the month!

4 Likes

Thank you! Your response is greatly appreciated, haha. Happy to have you here my fellow hopscotch forum user! Your words have meaning. :+1:

3 Likes

hopscotch would then be promoting for free some products, so i’d give a no for the suggestion

but if they get paid by someone to do this, then i would give a strong yes to the idea :+1:

5 Likes

I think you attempting to view this idea solely through the lense of profit and capitalistic gain is sad and frankly demeaning to the message the hopscotch platform is trying to send to its users.

Love the response though!! Great to see you’re interested, my fellow coder! :grin::blue_heart:

5 Likes

This would be fun but idk if hopscotch is gonna do it

6 Likes

they would most likely need to gain permission to use the minions, but the overall idea is very interesting and i like the idea of community designed logos

6 Likes

Yes. We need this.
Except, with movies it might be kinda hard with copyright and all that, but it would be awesome anyway!

3 Likes

That would be true for most months, but copyright is a huge thing and if tht managed to get permission to use the minions characters, which is pretty unlikely, they would probably have to pay and get no money back, and the minions idea is really cool but it would probably have to be something else

6 Likes

I like this idea! Maybe there could be options for the default icon, the icon of the month, and then some standard ones that you could select all year long?

6 Likes

That is a wonderful idea! I love the idea of multiple options.

4 Likes

I think you are very close minded when it comes to minions, but regardless I still respect your opinion and appreciate your response. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

please do not use my #-anothersuggestion tag, ty :) i removed it

3 Likes

Sorry I did not know it was ur tag

2 Likes