Neural Network Artificial Intelligence in Hopscotch?

I know this is already a topic, but that topic is closed and somewhat outdated. What I mean by a neural net is a system that can make letters from certain pixels (look at summary below).

Neural Network AI Developing Resources
What is a Neural Net?
Texts

An illustrated Guide to Artificial Neural Networks

Deep Learning Neural Networks Explained in Plain English

Videos

Ai Simplified: What is Neural Network

Ai Explained: What is a Neural Net

Neural Network In 5 Minutes | What Is A Neural Network? | How Neural Networks Work

How the Neural Network Works

[Collage 1]

(Image 1: We start out with 16 pixel image and 16 neurons, each of which look at the specific value of each sprite. Image 2: They then send this value to a set of 20 nodes which each compare the output of these signals and give their own output based on some rule. Image 3: For example In this node it might be able to find the average value between these four adjacent lines, ignoring all other inputs. Image 4: The results for all 20 of these comparisons are then sent through to the next layer of the network, which does another round of comparisons.)

[Collage 2&3]

(Image 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10: subsequent layers do more and more analysis, eventually leading to the final output layer, which by this point ‘knows’ that the input image was of the letter A and gives ‘A’ as the output.)

How to make a Neural Network
Texts

Neural Network Facts for Kids

Artificial Neural Nets for kids

Videos
Crash Course Lessons

lesson #1: What is Ai?

lesson #2: Supervised Learning

lesson #3: Neural Networks and Deep Learning

lesson #8: Make an Ai Sound like an Youtuber

Tags

@C.H.Rissole your an expert at variable stuff, I need you. @temm you said you wanted to help in the other topic, well if you want to, you can help here.

@slothy @DolphinGirl7 @NTh3R @Nameless_gamer @990867 @SwimGirlStudios @Otato @RonAstern123 @FearlessPhoenix @GOATGAMES @Rapterdragon_83

Credits

Credits to Atom Frontier on YouTube for the idea and images

Video that caused inspiration

14 Likes

hey @AdminCod3R, super informative topic! :sunglasses:

when your post is pending, it means it’s in a queue for one of us to read and approve. if you submit it twice, we’ll see it twice or even three times! the best practice is to wait patiently for your post to be approved - it usually happens within a few hours :sunny:

8 Likes

Serenity I have a question: Can regular leaders approve or do they have to be mods?

2 Likes

Sadly I ran out of likes

@AdminCod3R Add me to your tags for your next topic pls

2 Likes

Sorry, the screen that said ‘your post needed to be approved’ appeared and disappeared in a millisecond, so I couldn’t read what was going on, confused I tried again and again, until I tried to screen record so I could see what the message said, and that’s when I realized I did it 4 times.

3 Likes

@C.H.Rissole (do think this is possible?
I want your opinion.
Also anyone know who can help with this?

2 Likes

I’m planing to use the popping mechanics from Sprite Pop to use as the input.

3 Likes

This isn’t my strong suit in any way whatsoever however if you tag me when you need help I’ll take a look

4 Likes

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean by ‘some rules’.

2 Likes

The ‘rule’ is explained in image 3

2 Likes

So it’s random?

2 Likes

I don’t get what you said, but the rule is that it can only focus on certain nodes and ignore the rest of them.

2 Likes

While I’m not very familiar with neural networks, I’m pretty sure there’s more to it than just tweaking some rule. There’s a lot of high level math that goes into neural networks, too.
But you should definitely try this! If you do succeed, it would be really cool.

4 Likes

Helpful resource:
Brilliant: Introduction to Neural Networks

Tags

@Temm
@C.H.Rissole @Innerpanda

@slothy @DolphinGirl7 @NTh3R @Nameless_gamer @990867 @SwimGirlStudios @Otato @RonAstern123 @FearlessPhoenix @GOATGAMES @Rapterdragon_83

Would you liked to be tagged?
  • I would like to be tagged
  • I would not like to be tagged

0 voters

2 Likes

That’s a cool concept! It’d be really cool to see someone apply machine learning to an actual AI for a Hopscotch game.

2 Likes
Neural Network AI Developing Resources
What is a Neural Net?
Texts

An illustrated Guide to Artificial Neural Networks

Deep Learning Neural Networks Explained in Plain English

Videos

Ai Simplified: What is Neural Network

Ai Explained: What is a Neural Net

Neural Network In 5 Minutes | What Is A Neural Network? | How Neural Networks Work

How the Neural Network Works

[Collage 1]

(Image 1: We start out with 16 pixel image and 16 neurons, each of which look at the specific value of each sprite. Image 2: They then send this value to a set of 20 nodes which each compare the output of these signals and give their own output based on some rule. Image 3: For example In this node it might be able to find the average value between these four adjacent lines, ignoring all other inputs. Image 4: The results for all 20 of these comparisons are then sent through to the next layer of the network, which does another round of comparisons.)

[Collage 2&3]

(Image 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10: subsequent layers do more and more analysis, eventually leading to the final output layer, which by this point ‘knows’ that the input image was of the letter A and gives ‘A’ as the output.)

How to make a Neural Network
Texts

Neural Network Facts for Kids

Artificial Neural Nets for kids

Videos
Crash Course Lessons

lesson #1: What is Ai?

lesson #2: Supervised Learning

lesson #3: Neural Networks and Deep Learning

lesson #8: Make an Ai Sound like an Youtuber

Vote for the project name.

• ANNI (Artificial Neural Network Intelligence)
  • AINN (Artificial Intelligence Neural Network)
  • NNAI (Neural Network Artificial Intelligence)
  • ANN (Artificial Neural Network)
  • INN (Intelligent Neural Network)
  • Other (Reply)
  • Accidentally Voted

0 voters

Also @/Leaders can you delete the ‘How the Neural Net works’ from the OP and copy n’ pasta the Dev Resources in its place please? - done!

2 Likes

Great I just realized the links are misspelled. :man_facepalming:

Got you! Edited in.

Do you want me to change them?

3 Likes

Great idea! Id love to see this. I’m actually working on handwriting detection right now (without a neural net of course). But I feel like this is a bit too advanced. Hopscotch is comprised of mostly younger kids just starting to code and neural nets might over complicate things. Ive actually thought about suggesting a separate hopscotch pro app. It would have all the advanced mode features, maybe typed code, and basicly be built for more advanced coders. Neural nets could fit in to that but I dont think they can fit into the current app. If it where simply one block (like save handwriting input) that would work great in the current app. But what your saying sounds more like building your own neural networks and having a lot of controls.

Still a really cool idea!

1 Like

Yes please some of them have random tags in the middle of them

<at.> <ge.>