Need Help In My #Summer21 project

Hi I need help in my #Summer21 project. I can’t really figure out the code for it. I want a score in the volleyball game so the players can know their score but I just can’t figure out the code for it. And I tried my best with the code but it just says 0 not increasing when the other doesn’t hits the ball. Can someone help me pls? If yes I appreciate it. Here’s a link you can check it #Summer21 (Not Done) by Cutedogs1#GWST

6 Likes

Is this a beta testing topic?

4 Likes

I saw that the score in your project used the object variable instead of the game variable. So it should be (:iphone:Score) instead of ((self)Score).

4 Likes

Uh. Yeah I guess but more is help in code topic

2 Likes

Oh let me fix that thank you!

Edit: I went back to it doesn’t has the :iphone: score. It just says Self score. I delete the text and try again but still says self score

2 Likes

Are you a new coder?
If you are, you can watch the videos in the coding kit library. Check them out by tapping ‘Learn’ on the bottom navigation. They are very helpful!

2 Likes

I did that too (The score one) but when I finished I went back to my own summer21 project and did that it didn’t had the :iphone: It just automatically said Self

2 Likes

you can’t bump a text/trail, use a rectangle instead

and in that bump rule (in the volleyball) it should increase “score(Score)” by one, not self score

3 Likes

You have to create a game variable called “Score” and use that. Don’t select the one that’s under Objects.

3 Likes

@Cutedogs1Forum Nobody has a good point. Self variables are exclusive to the object they’re in. You must use the object you want to increase the value in (in this case, “Score”).

3 Likes

Oh okay thank you

1 Like

Okay thank you

1 Like

Thank You guys for helping I’m done with it! The score started working!

Special thanks to @Nobody @Crosbyman64!

1 Like

Great, if you feel this topic is no longer needed, tag a leader to Clive it.

1 Like

:slight_smile: okay I will do it now

@Leaders: Can u Clive this topic pls thank you