N4E's School of HTML [Taking Students]

Learn HTML and CSS to Make Websites

Yey. Ask questions, do homework, and other stuff. You can just read along too, I guess.

Tell me if you want to be part of the class, you will get homework and be notified whenever a new class has been posted.

Day 1, What is HTML, How it Works

Html stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is used to handle web pages. When you create a .html file you can put it into a browser and it will pull up a web page. However, just because you made an Html file does not mean it is a web page. You have to upload it to a web server. More in depth on that later.

Every HTML file is connected inside a folder. The server that hosts the web page asks for the HTML files from the folder with everything in it. It gives that to the browser and is then displayed to the web page viewer.

But before you learn how to put your web page on the world wide web,
(Yes, that is why links begin with WWW.) you need to learn how to program the site.

More later. If you have questions, just ask.

Day 2, Part 1 : Where to Write the Code

Day 2 Part 1

Before I teach you anything about how to program a site, I'm going to show you where to write the code and make it a .html file. Note : I only know how to do it with a mac, if you use windows, you are going to have to look that up. If you are using mac, you should have a pre-installed application called TextEdit. You cannot use it right away though. First you have to set preferences.

Open textedit.

Click "TextEdit" on the top.

Select Preferences.

Make your preferences match mine.

Save and close textedit, then reopen. Your settings should have worked.

I want to help :3 is there a forum for that or do I use the same one?

i remember the cookie don't worry.

must get c ookies also try covering java html compares with css which is platform and design

I dont like cookies .

Everyone: :worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried: What??? Are you on a diet?
Me: :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless: No, I don't like cookies at all. The taste is just horrible to me. And sugar isn't good for you, either. I only eat sugar if I can't taste it, and it has the least amount possible.

Okay now, GBOT.

How about some delicous :cheese:?

Yes you need the cookie, you wish to eat the hypnotic cookie.

xD, bit of a miscommunication there. I didn't mean help with the school, I meant you would have to do homework and stuff, and I would prioritize answering your questions.

Cheese...................
Cheese, I love it...

Yay...

Cheese...

Yes.

Even though no one has applied to be a full member of the class, I will start with what HTML is, what it does, and how it works.

Html stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is used to handle web pages. When you create a .html file you can put it into a browser and it will pull up a web page. However, just because you made an Html file does not mean it is a web page. You have to upload it to a web server. More in depth on that later.

Every HTML file is connected inside a folder. The server that hosts the web page asks for the HTML files from the folder with everything in it. It gives that to the browser and is then displayed to the web page viewer.

But before you learn how to put your web page on the world wide web,
(Yes, that is why links begin with WWW.) you need to learn how to program the site.

More later. If you have questions, just ask.

I wanna be the smartest in my class.... And I want the cookie

Here, take your first cookie.
:cookie:
+1 Cookie Point

Peanut butter sugar yum
Thanks
secretly takes the rest of the cookies except for oatmeal raisin which is Justin bieber's favorite sorry (see what I did there?)

hai guys I is back

no ur not go away

btw im not being mean he is my fren irl and we mess around with each other

:000

i don't want cookie or cheese

But I want to join

gimme caik

I apologize, but we do not have cake. TAKE MY COOKIES!

Where are my choco chip cookies? :cookie:

NO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES FOR YOU

Gbot btw.

I don't want dirty hooman cookies

I WANT DELICIOUS CAIK