My thoughts on THE FORUM

Hi guys!
I have seen a lot of comments on some topics saying that the forum has changed and is not how it used to be.

I am here today to sort of discuss that whole topic! If you have any additional thoughts to what I am saying, be sure to reply!

MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS (WARNING LONG!!)

I personally, disagree with people saying the forum has changed. Although I have not been a longtime forumer, I have a pretty general idea of what the forum as like in its earlier years of 2015 and 2016 (from all the topics I have read!) I think that anything will change after a long time, and the forum was bound to change after the new trends and updates and community! Every day we have new users joining us and new problems to overcome.

It is true, ever since late 2016 GTs have been very popular. I think there are for sure both pros and cons to GTs, and they are one of the biggest changes the forum has overcome since its debut in July 2015. (I hope I have the right date) GTs can be great to interact with others and discuss so many things and share art and projects and all of that. But they are also hard to monitor for bad behavior and can be the root of profanity and other mean stuff. And it is also true that a lot of topics on the forum nowadays are GTs!
If you really do not like this fact about the forum, I would say either commit to leaving, or you yourself try and change this! Make other topics! Because trust me, I have noticed that many people who complain about change are the ones creating so many GTs and topics for chatting purposes! There are so many other forum topics to discuss. (will be making a topic about this soon, TBD on when!)

Change is not something that can be reverted so quick. Change can be so great, or not so great. But something that is just horrible is the complaints. First off, THT is working so hard to make the hopscotch community a great place! Of course, we do need to complain if something is really off, but something so longterm like this is not really something we should be adding to their plate at the moment. I am sure they are already so busy with bugs and monitoring and everything!! We ourselves, as forumers can attempt to fix this, if we are having trouble! Besides, THT cannot take down all of the GTs!

I hope you guys enjoyed this little rant. I have to admit, it is super raw AND I got really passionate in the middle! I am sorry if this offended you in any way, but this is just how I feel! If you disagree, feel free to leave your own side to this! Please do not be rude and show no hate towards this topic, because it can be controversial and many people have strong feelings about this!!
PS- sorry for the bad grammar! I sort of wrote this super fast and some stuff may be spelled wrong!!

Byee!

MY TAG LIST

@background_inc
@Xman0417
@PartTimeFemale
@ExistenceExistsToday
@William04GamerA
@yaygirls
@Paige1212
@Got_This_Glow
@eIameFemiTtraP
@DogWithAPen
@HopscotchRemixer
@Stal98

Let me know if you would like to join my tag list by replying to this topic or any of my GT posts! If your comment is liked by me, you are in!

𝒯𝒽𝒢𝓃𝓀 π“Žπ‘œπ“Š, π“‰π’½π’Ύπ“ˆ π“‰π‘œπ“…π’Ύπ’Έ π’Ύπ“ˆ π’»π’Άπ’·π“Šπ“π‘œπ“Šπ“ˆ
𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒢𝒹 π“‰π’½π“‡π‘œπ“Šπ‘”π’½ 𝒾𝓉 π“ˆπ‘œπ“‚π‘’ π“‚π‘œπ“‡π‘’

π’΄π‘’π“ˆ! 𝐼 𝟣𝟒𝟒 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒸𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒢𝑔𝓇𝑒𝑒

Where did the text go?? :o

How did you do that text?

• I think this is a wonderful topic, but I can’t have a very good say in it! Because I joined late last year.

Yeah, that’s true oh well

Some of the 2016ers have been complaining, but I think the forum is a ok

I used Unicode for the characters

You can make a reli-

n o d o n t

I’ve been here since '16 and I like the forum we have now better tbh

Thank you, thank you
Great topic!

This topic is so well written overall :clap:
The part that I quoted above is something that I totally agree with and that you said very well. There are both good and bad things with General Topics, but if we look at the forum overall, it as an amazing place where lots of Hopscotchers talk. It’s a place full of friendly people and inspiration.

Tysm, @JonnyGamer, @Got_This_Glow, @yaygirls, and @William04GamerA

Thank you everyone for your input on this topic!!!

Yeah, no problem! Great topic! :D

N O
why?
T H E S U N I S A D E A D L Y L A S E R

Nevermind theres a blanket

H I R E A S A M U R A I
Lol

Hah not me lol
This is more chill for me
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Yo such a good well written topic :ok_hand:

Yeah it’s a chill bean kind of place :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand: :ok_man:

Sry… I can’t be bothered to read all of that… Il read it later

The espresso machine has spoken:
This topic is approved, great topic

So i tried to compres it a bit just for anyone who is to lazy to read the whole thing.

Dont like pepole that have been on longer saying the forum has changed. Everything changes and the forum is no exception.

Gts have become more popular and are one of the bigest changes to the forum. They are good for discusing whatever. They are hard to monater whitch is not good, and alot of topics are gts
If you realy dont like gt try to change it by makeing other topics. There are alot of other things you can discus
Change canot be changed back quickly. It can be good and it can be bad. What i don’t like is the complaints. Tht is working very hard to make hs and the forum comunaty a great place. Tht is very busy and the β€œproblem” of gts can be fixed by the comunaty.

Agreed! :smile:

Those are some great ideas, @PartTimeFemale

My thoughts on HOPSCOTCH: Part 2!!

Lately I have been seeing SO many people complain about Hopscotch.
Here is my rant.

Open me!!!

Tbh, I personally disagree with everyone saying RPs and art are cluttering hs. First of all, it may not be the best idea to announce that on the forum, because many hopscotchers are also artists and will, in fact, hunt you down. I am not joking, a lot of artists find this topic controversial and feel strongly about it. If you would like to share your ideas, be sure to do it nicely and gently, just to stop fights!

Anyway, I think that Hopscotch is really not just meant for coding. People may think it is, but I think it is a creative app to share content with others safely. This does not mean videos, or photos like social media. I am talking artwork, games, random pieces of code, stories (or RPs), whatever!

I also really dislike how people are altogether quitting Hopscotch because of this recent change. Just because there has been an update, and some things have been changing, it does not mean you leave. If it bothers you so much that you are going to die, then yeah. But I don’t think we should sacrifice community for sharing creativity. What I mean is that though the community is changing, it does not mean our flow of creativity is too. Yes, it is true that art and RPs are becoming more and more popular by the day. But, you must understand that everyone shows their creativity in a different way.

Some of my irl friends that joined hopscotch said it changed their life. You may think I am lying, but I actually am not. One of my friends was going through a tough time with her family, and I recommended Hopscotch as an outlet for her to be creative and escape everything. She does not do Hopscotch now, however, I think it truly made her happier and really changed her life. Now, she is in theater and loves to express herself, all because of Hopscotch. People express themselves differently, and you cannot leave Hopscotch just because you hate that they do that!

A huge thanks to everyone who read that whole thing! You the real MVP!

I was not intending to offend anybody during that rant. Just to let you know, it was completely unedited and totally raw, so there may be grammar mistakes or spelling errors!! It was literally just my thoughts!

If you would like to add to this conversation, let me know by replying to this reply (lol.)

MY TAG LIST

@background_inc
@Xman0417
@PartTimeFemale
@ExistenceExistsToday
@William04GamerA
@yaygirls
@Paige1212
@Got_This_Glow
@eIameFemiTtraP
@DogWithAPen
@HopscotchRemixer
@Stal98

Let me know if you would like to join my tag list!