My suggestions for hopscotch

suggestions… from me

ok, ok, we’ve all seen the title. let’s get straight to the point:

hopscotch, as it is now, is lacking in organization features. i’ve been away from HS for a longggg time, and not much has changed (in terms of interface!! there’s a lot going on behind the scenes in terms of seeds, images, the editor, and like so many more cool things).

what do i mean? here’s a few issues that i’ve seen for a while:

• the fact that projects are dated in weeks, and not like… months, or actual dates. it gets a little annoying when you see projects that are from like 300 weeks ago and you have to do the math.

• there aren’t any tags/channels (in the sense of classification) that I’ve seen for projects. does anyone remember like an art channel, and a game channel? we really need to bring those back, but do them better. I was thinking of having little icons in the same area as the play count (bottom right corner of a project) that would classify it as an art project, science project, etc.

• there aren’t any folders present on a profile, or in drafts. this is like… one of the most helpful things that THT (The Hopscotch Team) could implement, imo. it would be so helpful to sort out my drafts and projects into folders :’) it would also leave your profile/draft section considerably less cluttered. ex: Pinterest and their board feature.

• not being able to search through your projects/drafts. i think this would be nice for those of us who happen to have a lot of projects, and don’t want to waste time scrolling through them all.

i feel like these aren’t the most complicated UI changes (especially the first one; correct me if I’m wrong :thinking:) and am not completely sure if these should be included in a new subscription update… but, here’s a poll, because everyone’s opinions & experiences are different:

should these (potential?) new features be only accessible for those with a subscription?
  • some, not all
  • no
  • yes

0 voters

i apologize if i come off as rude or ungrateful; i really do appreciate the work the team has put into the app that has inspired hundreds of young people to code (like me :sunglasses:), and i really want to see it grow even more. thank you for reading!

thoughts, everyone?

23 Likes

yes :joy:

3 Likes

I think you’ve got some great ideas :)) I’d love to see them all implemented

I know for a fact that tht is working on some stuff behind the scenes, but I can’t reveal specifics yet. I think you’ll like those when they come out tho, so maybe keep an eye out. No promises for release date or anything, just that they’ll be coming :))

8 Likes

oh, I’m already excited! :0

5 Likes

Cool ideas!

4 Likes

If you are in Awesome_E’s web explorer, you can see the exact date a project is published.

Yes! The memories

Great suggestions!

8 Likes

Did you know, on SharkTank, @/awesomeonion announced her plan is to have hopscotchers earn irl currency from projects!? We can earn money from projects!

The system for this (I think) is being worked on :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Pretty good.
You join the forum on my birthday lol

5 Likes

tiny bump, @omtl

16 Likes

:jaw_drop: I still wish this was a emoji :smiley:

6 Likes

TINY? you just tagged a ton of people lol

7 Likes

I like these two a lot, searching through my projects isn’t absolute needed (I only have around 10 at a time) but folders would be really cool. if they added the ability to open projects that are in the same folder as the currently opened project (if that makes sense) that would be awesome

10 Likes

Omg this bothers me so much too, like it doesn’t have to be a specific date but at least month and year would be cool

7 Likes

Ask Siri lol

5 Likes

“Hey Siri!”

Siri: “How can I help you today?”

“How many years are in 300 weeks??”

Siri: “…Zero”
Siri: “There are no ‘Year’ s in the word ‘three hundred weeks’”

:man_facepalming:

Siri: “Heheh, LOL”

5 Likes

Plus, I know, I know, a year is about 52 weeks. But if you round to 50, you can get a roundabout estimate on projects created 255 weeks ago.

6 Likes

Really? Well this is very helpful!

5 Likes

Yes, if you find the project in question, open it, and click the little i (for information)

4 Likes

Figured that out, will use this tool!

Bookmarked? Check!

4 Likes

just got rick rolled by the hopscotch web explorer of awesome_e

4 Likes