My Omtl complaint

I just need to talk about the omtl. I think people are miss using the omtl. I have been seeing tons of topics miss using the omtl. Like the things it is miss used on is "rate me" or "rate my project" topics, using it to get attention, using it in popular topics that almost everyone uses, and using it for no reason in a topic or using it multiple times in the same topic (within a short time), and property the most used "I am leaving topic" these I think people just use it to get attention and likes because most of the time they say without any argument. I think the omtl should be used for help get the notice out for an OFFICIAL update, to get pepole to help with a abuse user,and problems with hopscoch. Everyone please stop miss using the omtl.

21 Likes

I agree. It was intended for good stuff, like I use it.

3 Likes

Thank you someone finally understands. I even didn't use the omtl in this topic to make a point (even though this is an example of when it should be used)

3 Likes

Good topic, but people don't do rate me topics for popularity

4 Likes

I dont think they should be used in leaving topics, that's for sure, and most of the other topics you described, however, i think they should be allowed in rate me and rate this project topics, it seems perfectly fine to me, no one would go in those topics otherwise .

8 Likes

Rate this game topics should have OMTL I think. You are asking for feedback which is related to coding.

5 Likes

Then when should we use it?

2 Likes

For updates and stuff?

2 Likes

Here is more proof that it gets annoying. All of these are rate me and I’m leaving topics.

3 Likes

But the thing is if know one would go in those topics then it is then just becoming spam. If you normally wouldn't go in the topic now you have a notification for a topic you don't like.

1 Like

I dont see any rate me but a ton of leaving topics. Why dont you remove yourself from the omtl? You can check newest for cool topics and ignore the leaving and rate mes

2 Likes

But some times the omtl comes in handy. Ps the rate me are don't show in there I had like 30 messages only 6 where not pointless.)

1 Like

Same, i try to use the OTML in important or useful situations only

2 Likes

agreed

1 Like

I hope my trail art wasn't pointless. (That's my gen topik)

2 Likes

Me too.

2 Likes

To clarify (I didn't mean to say you're topic was useless) just the things people have used it in the same topic like 5 times.

2 Likes

Here is a good example of when to use it (to address important issues)

1 Like

Yes, but IMO it breaks a guideline.

1 Like

I agree with you about this. That is why I removed myself from the list.

People need to stop overusing it. We should use it for:

• Rating projects
  • Help with code
  • Tutorials with code

Certain people (not naming any names) seem to overuse the OMTL and abuse it....

What really annoys me is when someone makes an "I'm leaving topic" and you get tagged. Half of the time I don't even know the person at all XD

4 Likes