My hopscotch beta doesn't update!

hopscotch
beta

When I try to update hopscotch beta it looks like it's updating but it's not.
@Liza or other Hopscotchers and workers at hopscotch can you help me?

I don't know.. :confused: (OnlyTwentyCharacters)

What is the link for hopscotch beta I never got it and I'm a beta tester

Hey @Computerguy91! Oops! This was probably our fault.

The Beta is generally pretty unstable, so you shouldn't store any work on there you don't want to lose. Imagine us in a tangled mountain of wires, and that's kinda what it looks like behind the scenes of Beta most of the time.

The only time you should expect beta to work, and really the only time worth being in beta, is during a beta testing period. Outside of those periods, the beta is under construction and often inaccessible.

The reason it's not working this time is probably because we're preparing the next update for iOS 9, which you might have heard about in the news. You'll need iOS 9 to use some of the new features we're building right now—like an in-app record button.

Record feature?

@Gabe_N Here's the link to sign up http://hop.sc/1lKg7Ms

App-in record button awesome @Ian

Thank you @Computerguy91
But I'm already a beta tester I just don't have hopscotch beta

Hello. I just wanted to ask two questions and it would be awesome if anyone answered it! The first question (sorry if I ask this, I just don't know it): What's a beta tester? Is it like where you test things in the new update and then fix bugs?
Second question: So, whenever I go on the forum, some people give links to a project that they posted on the hopscotch website. I don't know if this makes sense but how can I share my project on the Hopscotch website?

That exactly what a beta tester is a person who get a beta version of the app and tests it and looks for bugs @Berrymelon

Hi @Berrymelon,

1) That's exactly right, like @Gabe_N said, you test out new Hopscotch updates for the Hopscotch Team and let them know if you find any problems so they can fix it before the update is released publicly.

2) There's a post of getting links of projects here. What it does is gets a link of your project so you can share the link with someone else. The link opens a little sort of "Hopscotch website" where they can click on your project and open it from Hopscotch. Here's an example of a link (this is a project by the Hopscotch Team): https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/xh4z2o1f5

@Gabe_N like Ian said on another post in reply, you'll get the beta link when Hopscotch has a new beta for you to test out. The beta app will update each time when Hopscotch gives you a new beta to download and test.

And @Ian, in-app recording would be soo awesome!

Yeah I Got Hopscotch Beta... Ill Give Ya The Link

In-app recording is coming soon, with iOS 9.1 (that's one update after iOS 9). Read about it here!

New features! Screen recording!

YAY that will be great for my YouTube! :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley: has apple finally allowed you to record your iPad screen on an app? I heard that apple will not allow screen recording apps

They'll be changing that with iOS 9!! Read and watch about it here

Wow that's really cool and that will be very helpful thanks for telling us that @Ian

Hey my hopscotch beta is not working look

@Huggingfluffybear You need to trust the developer in Settings. Here is the Hopscotch Team's gif:

Thank you so much!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I won't be able to be bear any more in the next update!!!!! :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::fearful::fearful::fearful:

You will keep your current avatar and I've suggested that the Hopscotch Team make it so we can select the old Hopscotch characters too.