My game isn't saving past a certain point

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: The Green Banana

What kind of device are you using?: iPad Pro

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): i coded part of my game, and when i came back later to test it, some of it didn’t save. This happened twice, and the same amount was gon

Steps to make the problem happen:

1. Go into my project
  2. Go to the last part i have, right before you get sorted.
    ….

I expected this to happen:
When you tap a name, all the circles and names in the circles should disappear .
But instead this happened:
Some of them don’t, and earlier i coded them to, and i checked code to make sure it worked. This is hours of copy and pasting.
Here’s a sweet screenshot:

11 Likes

Okay, here's what I think.

When you closed out of the Hopscotch app, you might have not closed the actual project. This might have been the cause because that has happened to me before and I ended up fixing it. I closed the project and waited until the actual project was off of the screen before I swiped out.
eh.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for the information. Ill try that next time.

1 Like

That looks really cool btw. I love Harry Potter!

1 Like

That's weird... I don't know what to do. Maybe email THT? I'll try to think of a reason that's happening...

1 Like

THT is investigating a problem with projects not being saved.

Tell Montoya here so they have the information all in one place:

In the mean time, make a copy of the draft when you want to save it if you're having problems with it not saving.

3 Likes

Thank you for reporting this. I am going to have a look and see what the problem might be. In the meantime, please make a duplicate of your draft every time you close it; that guarantees that your progress is never lost.

4 Likes

It's happening to everyone. Copy the project whenever you're done.

1 Like