My Experiment on the Forum

;0;
Me XD

I really like how you're approaching this analytically and how you've decided to conduct an experiment :slight_smile: I have seen people are showing concerns about this.

The idea just came to me that you could make a poll to keep track of the ratio. Like this for example maybe:

(whatever title you want): e.g. ratio of related topics to unrelated topics

• 0.0 - 0.1
  • 0.1 - 0.2
  • 0.2 - 0.3
  • 0.3 - 0.4
  • 0.4 - 0.5
  • 0.5 - 0.6
  • 0.6 - 0.7
  • 0.7 - 0.8
  • 0.8 - 0.9
  • 0.9 - 10.0

0voters

hmm I realised it won't tell you what day you added the data, but you will know what the stats look like over time. (Or even maybe if you like using spreadsheets, you could put the data into a spreadsheet and share a screenshot as another idea)

Also I see you are gathering data from the same time each day, I think it's great you are thinking about keeping a factor consistent :smiley: I was maybe thinking then the data will only reflect what topics are updated at around that time of day though, but that is okay :slight_smile: I am just sharing some things that are coming to mind. It's lovely that you are open to ideas! :smile:

oh, also after Corvus/GysvANDRegulus said, hmm, Aether what do you think would be considered on-topic/related? :blush:
edit: oh okay you've answered that hehe

Edit2: I will try to put more of my focus on the conducting of the experiment and looking at the data here, I realised sometimes opinions can influence how you look at things :blush:

I'm preparing a spreadsheet to go along with the final analysis. Thanks for the idea!

Awesome! :slight_smile: If you ever need any help with spreadsheets, I'd love to help out where I can :smile:

Cool experiment! Yeah, I agree, there have been a lot of posts/topics not relating to Hopscotch or coding lately. I think discussing writing stories, drawing, etc. (creating) is allowed, but talking about our every day lives isn't very... hm, I don't know the word, maybe considerate to others who want to share things they have been coding or creating? Sometimes we get so caught up in discussing in-real-life topics that we don't pay much attention to the posts/topics that aren't. Just a thought :smile:

Sharing stuff on Google docs/drive shows your email :confused:

not if you publish it
ex.

link:

How do you do this? I can't open it on the google docs app, so can't access the details. And does this work with photos/videoes?

This is a great idea! I totally agree.
bookmarks the topic

don't think photos and videos work :/
but to do this, (i'm pretty sure) you have to be on a computer
if you are:
1. go into a doc/spreadsheet/slide or make a chart
2. if doc/spreadsheet/slide, go to File and then to Publish | if chart, click on dropdown menu then Publish
3. mark the settings and stuff
4. publish (you have to copy link since you can't embed anything on the forum)

Sorry to be off topic but what is your profile pic of @Snoopy?? I have no clue XD

It's a Taiwanese actress/singer/model.
Her name is Tia Li, or Tia Lee.
Her last name can be spelled both ways.

this doc is private
Okay, I guess for a good reason?

This is a cool idea! I was actually doing something simplistic to this. Although without photos, so hopscotchers wouldn't be embarrassed and not the amount of topics but the amount of posts. :blush:

I hope I cannot be seen any where in those photos.

If you want, I can blur out your name when you come up.

I totally agree with you @Aether

This is a great experiment!
I always wondered what is happening in the forum when I was gone for 6 month...

Just looking at the "new" tab (yep, I look there instead...), I see more General Topics, "100 day party" and stuff like that...
And less of How To's, Update Ideas...

So, you're still continuing this, right?

I was, but then I kept forgetting :sweat_smile:
Im gonna restart the experiment next monday.

I just remembered that this topic existed. This time I'll attempt to stick to a regular schedule of gathering data.