Must Read for New Users!

I totally agree with you, that topic is awesome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic, “Must Read for New Users” is my personal favorite of all of my topics. Unfortunately, I can no longer edit this topic as it has been almost 6 months since it was first created. However, to compensate for that, I have been linking projects in the “reply” section of this topic, just to keep updating it with new topics that can be really helpful for newer users. Feel free to link this topic on the General Discussion Topics to welcome new users (As GTs are banned!) I am sure it will really help them! :blush:

Here is a great topic I came across! It is sort of an old one, dating back to 2016, but I think it still has some useful tips and tricks of when to say GBOT (get back on topic) and when to flag. As of right now, the General Discussion Topic 3 is currently closed due to community flags for 4 hours, and I think at this moment, this is is a great topic to share all about when to flag.

It is very well written by @Pingu! Thanks for creating such a great topic!

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/when-to-say-gbot-when-to-flag-etc/17549

@background_inc
@Xman0417
@PartTimeFemale
@ExistenceExistsToday
@William04GamerA
@Paige1212
@Got_This_Glow
@eIameFemiTtraP
@DogWithAPen
@HopscotchRemixer
@Sugarisyummy
@Stal98
@ArtisticCoder
@WynterDiamond
@MK0825
@smurfy0000000
@tankt2016
@TheCMStudios
@Amulet_10
@GalaxyCoding
@Hopscotcher
@Murphy1
@FearlessPhoenix
@anon23813088
@CoderOfMagic
@Stylishpoopemoji33
@PandaS

Let me know if you would like to join my tag list.

(BTW- I miss you guys {aka my tag list} since GTs were banned!)

5 Likes

Yeah it is super helpful.
I just made the op a wiki, so now you and only you should be able to edit it.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

:))

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

3 Likes

No prob dude :slight_smile: glad I could help

3 Likes

I´m glad that you can keep this going! Your topic is very useful, especially for new users.

3 Likes
`<alert(Hello)>`
5 Likes

Hmm. It seems that either the code language is not JavaScript or I wrote it wrong.

5 Likes

Well, the code function is for prettyfying code and not for running it. Some HTML and JavaScript are supported, but not all. I’m pretty sure that the alert()-function isn’t supported, sadly.

3 Likes