Must Read for New Users!

Hi guys!
It has been quite a while since I have really made a new topic, however, I wanted to give all of the new users that have recently joined a place to go for some interesting articles and announcements you should read about both Hopscotch and the Forum! Some of these are my posts that I think are really helpful for new people, but others are other peoples posts that I think are really awesomely explained (I will tag you!) and others are THT announcements! Some are even topics other people recommend!

Be sure to scroll down below to check out my newest addition: TIPS! These are my tips from my beginning on the forum that may help you!

My posts (@Swati_Bang) that I think are helpful!
Why you should be on the forum:

Privacy choices

All about Forum Restrictions

Other forumers posts that I think are helpful!
@lollypopcorn
Featured on Hopscotch

@William04GamerA
Polls on the Forum

Some other works by this same forumer:
Preference Menu on the Forum

Groups: Only for forumers who currently have a group

@t1_hopscotch
Trust Levels

If that did not help you enough with trust levels, here is a link to a website that explains trust levels from THT:

@WynterDiamond
This is actually not a topic, this is a reply to one of MY first topics!
Everything!

@ChocolateFox
Everything (literally everything!)

@KayKat
Abbreveations

@EnchantedHopscotcher
Everything

Announcements from THT that I think are helpful (mostly for Hopscotch)l-
@Liza
Hopscotch Curators: if you did not know about them!

@asha
Nominations for Featured: to nominate awesome projects!

@hopscotch-curators
Nominations for Featued 2.0: nominate awesome projects!

@Liza
Docs and sharing

@Liza
Everything

Note: Read some of the replies to all of these topics! (Especially this last one: most of the good advice is in the comments!!) They can be really helpful and have quality beginners advice!

I have decided to add a new segment to this topic: New Forumer Tips!
I was just recently a new forumer, and I thought some of the lessons I learned would be beneficial to some of you!

1) Start off Easy!
Any of you that have been reading my topics from the beginning know that I did this. I made SO many topics when I first started. So many, that THT had to put my topic on hold for almost a week. All of my topics were good, but my tip would be to ease into it. Maybe make an into topic, but start off by replying and liking. Then once the forum gets used to you, start making some topics to benefit the forum!

2) Follow the Community Guidelines
This is an easy one, but still very important. Life on the forum is fun, easy, and a learning experience when you folllow the rules. Just keep yourself safe, and the other forumers! If you see any sketchy activity, report it! We need your help in keeping our community safe and protected!

3) Do not get Discouraged!
I do not have personal experience with this, but I have seen it so often. So many new forumers will make topics such as drawing topics and more, and half of their comments will be SBYP. This make sense, and helps declutter the forum, but I have seen it can discourage so many forumers. Sometimes all of their topics have SBYP in the comments section.
DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED! Just try and make topics that relate to current forum news!

4) Do not feel Obligated!
Don’t feel obligated that you have to make a informational topic that helps people. YOU DON’T! You can always just stick to asking questions, asking people to help you with code, and checking out other topics! If you want to be involved, try helping someone with tricky code or figure out a bug!
Do you have any more tips? PLEASE comment them down below and tag me! I would love to hear them!

Also, do you want any more segments added to this topic? Comment your ideas down below! It would be awesome if one of your creative ideas gets added to this topic, which is linked to many newer forumers! Many new forumers introduce themselves daily, so please link this topic in order to welcome them! It will put their minds at ease as well as be super super super super helpful!!!

Thank you to everyone who shared my topic already! :smile:

PEACE!

Hi i am new to the forum (highly likely ‘tis an alt)
Hi does anyone know how to use the forum. I’m still New sooo I need help :/ please comment if you know how to use the forum. Thanks!
How do u use this lel
Hi I'm new to this thing
Im new Kinda...hehhe
Hi uhhhh I’m really confused
Help me I’m new
Uh hello I’m new can anyone teach me stuff
how to post??? please help!
Hi there. I’m new to the forum!
I just joined and I’m super sick.
Questions You Might Have About the Forum if You Are New
Hello! i'm new! :DDDDDDDD
Berri's MeMeRaL Topic
Hi I'm new here
Hello, I am a newcomer!
Umm how do I post
Hello I'm new here, some help please?
I’m new here, pls help.
I am new to here
I’m new on the forum, can you show me around?
Hi i’m new. I need help
Hello I am new HELP ME
Welcome New Users!

Nice topic, thanks for adding me on it! :D

Wow that’s a long topic

Thanks for all of the helpful information

Thanks for all the information!

Oh my god there are like 10 of these topics

Great topic! I don’t want to self-promote myself, but I have been using this post a lot to explain about how to build polls on the forum as I couldn’t find any topic for it:

Thank you to @lollypopcorn, @Aroha, and @AwesomeKid69

Also thank you to @William04GamerA for adding a pretty awesome addition to this topic!

Just as another reminder, you guys can add your own posts, THT posts you think are great, and posts from other forumers that can really help new users on both Hopscotch and the forum! Just tag me or comment down below in this topic!

You’re welcome. I have another tutorial that you might want to add too… But it is also from me:

Hey guys!
I need a revive for this topic! Can anyone recommend some fresh, new topics that are perfect for new, beginner users?

Thanks!

My Friends

@background_inc
@Xman0417
@PartTimeFemale
@ExistenceExistsToday
@William04GamerA
@yaygirls
@Paige1212
@Got_This_Glow
@eIameFemiTtraP
@DogWithAPen
@HopscotchRemixer

Hm. Are there any build a poll topics on the list? People always ask about that.

Hi, @yaygirls
Yes, there actually is one. There is a really good post on how to create a poll by @William04GamerA
If you have any more great ones (topics or posts), please let me know!!!

here is a good one

Ah, the clickbait

It’s a realy good topic tho

@PartTimeFemale
Due to the content in this topic you shared, I will not be able to use it.
Thank you so much for recommending something, though!

Yes, there are. It’s actually a post though, but it could be a whole topic.

Hey guys! How’s it going?
I recently added a new segment to this topic! FORUMER TIPS! In addition to recommending
awesome new user topics, be sure to share some of your helpful tips from when you first started on the forum! I already added two of mine!

My Friends

@background_inc
@Xman0417
@PartTimeFemale
@ExistenceExistsToday
@William04GamerA
@yaygirls
@Paige1212
@Got_This_Glow
@eIameFemiTtraP
@DogWithAPen
@HopscotchRemixer

Let me know if you would like to join my tag list!!

That is a great idea, another good addition to an awesome topic! :slight_smile:

Thank you, @William04GamerA

I know you are a long-time forumer! Do you have any awesome tips you’ve learned?

Yeah. I joined when the forum was new, then I didn’t visit it until maybe 1,5-2 years ago. But yes, I am a long-time forummer, but there is actually no tips that haven’t been said. The only thing that I can think of right now is this cool trick:

However, as new groups aren’t being made, this will only be useful for forummers who own a group right now.