Music coding: an easier way

Hi, i am GUMMYBEARLOVER, name is the same in my app. I have been making different songs in Hopscotch, one of my project was Songs. Hope y'all like it. I was making the songs but I found it quite hard since I need to check every time I start another note. Are there any ways so I can make it more easier and faster? THANKS! :pray:🏻

You know how a semi breve is a whole note, dotted minim is three quarters note, minim is half note, crotchet is quarter note and quaver is eighth note ect? It depends on how fast the song is/the smallest note value e.g.semiquaver. If the smallest note value is a sixteenth/semiquaver, you select a number of milliseconds that can be divided by 16. So choose 640 and your semiquaver becomes 40ms ect. Sorry if this is very complicated

Hello, @GUMMYBEARLOVER . I can show you how to make music in hopscotch easier. In stead of putting "Check if" blocks, you can straight away put the note blocks. You can check the code of one of my project.

The link:
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/xkvb0mj5c

I think he means he needs to check what is sound like, not a check if block, but what do I know?

I am a she. :neutral_face:
Gosh. I meant the beats and how I can make the coding easier. Like for a few notes, I can repeat, right? Something like that.

This is what JaszyKake means in English. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This is a whole note. It has 4 beats.

This is a half note. It has 2 beats.

This is a quarter note. It has 1 beat.

This is a dotted half note. It has 3 beats.

So yeah. Any questions? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Those are less commonly used in Hopscotch than the ones above! :slight_smile: