Mushroom vs plant

Is a mushroom the same as a plant and also why does it say this

10 Likes

Yes, mushrooms are the same as plants. They are just interpreted differently (sometimes it will say “Plants,” other times it will say “Mushrooms”).

4 Likes

I believe at some point it was discussed whereas if to add more types of plants, so I guess they kept it that way in case they decide to add more in a future.

3 Likes

They aren’t same bc u have a mushroom when someone plants u. And u can plant someone if u have plants but can’t with mushrooms but I mean in real life they are almost same lol

3 Likes

Yeah I think so

3 Likes

Seeds and plants are different things you have one seed, which you can use to give plants to other people while mushrooms are things that people give you

4 Likes

Thank you for clerifying it now I know

3 Likes

SBYP

5 Likes

@Yuanyuan found him btw

5 Likes

The topic you linked has a lot of good points about the naming of mushrooms and plants through previous discussion! If you want to learn more about it, then feel free to open it and read it through:

Here’s a great answer from Ana, a previous member of Team Hopscotch, from that same topic:

With this being said, I think this topic is okay to clive - this subject been well discussed in the topic above. :)

@Leaders?

4 Likes

Mushrooms are fungi and plants are plants

sorry I had too

3 Likes

Hey there,

Currently, the only type of plant we have is mushroom, so if you received a plant from other people, it will be displayed as Mushrooms. We are thinking about adding other types of plants in the future as some of the Hopscotchers have mentioned.

10 Likes

Pardon?

1 Like

Great question! They are pretty much the same thing, except you would say “I planted someone” rather than saying “I mushroomed someone.”

3 Likes

So is it correct to always interpret the word “mushroom” as “plant” instead?

2 Likes

Yes that’s correct

6 Likes

Yeah, there is a topic where this has been discussed earlier, which you have linked to. It has a response from Ana, and now this one has a newer response from Yuanyuan - so technically, the question seems answered for now.

Doing a final check:

@RadMonkey, do you have any other questions on the subject, or has this been solved? If so, I will close this topic, thus marking it as “solved”/done. Let me know if you’re happy with everything or want to ask/say something more before this topic is closed!

4 Likes

Yes you can close it I understand the difference now

1 Like

It makes sense but it doesn’t

If you have seeds, you can plant seeds to make mushrooms

Those mushrooms belong to another person

3 Likes

Okay. Great to hear that the community could help you figure it out!