Multiplayer Chess!♟️

This event/competition/challenge is started by me (@Alboy) and all the currencies, rewards, and prizes are handled by me, not Hopscotch. You can find other similar self-started events in Competitions & Events, or even start one yourself. Because this is started by me, Hopscotch and the forum leaders are not involved or responsible in any of the transactions here.

Pawn e4. Checkmate.

This is CHESS!

Please read the “How To Play” section, even if you already know how to play chess. It explains some things in my project that would be otherwise confusing.

Introduction
Yep, you read the title correctly- this is online, multiplayer chess! I used @Awesome_E’s multiplayer stuff to create chess and make a game where we can play chess against each other. Thank you AE, you’re the greatest. This does not have extra amenities such as locking into a grid or detecting check, but it’s a great project overall.
This is my first multiplayer project, and I feel that this is one of my best projects ever. Have fun!

How To Play
Setup: The first player must open the project, and tap “Host Game”. A code will pop up on the screen. Share this code with someone you want to play with, and they will tap “Join Game” and input that code. You are now in the same game. Tap “Reset Board” to set up all the pieces.
Playing: Please respect the rules of chess at all times. It’s very easy to cheat in this. But please, don’t do that. Have a fun game for everyone. To move the pieces, simply drag them.
Promoting: To promote a pawn, tap the “Promote” button. It will show a popup where you can input 1 or 2 to make it work. 1 chooses queen, and 2 chooses knight. Read the warning in the popup box too!!! After you selected queen or knight, tap the pawn you want to promote. This will change it to be a queen or knight, depending on which one you selected.
Capturing: Just drag the captured piece out of the way, to it’s respective captured box.
Multiple Players Check: There is a square to the right of the “Promote” button. If this square is red, you are the only one in your room. If this square is green or flickering green, there is someone else in your room to play with you!
Ending Your Turn: When it is your turn, there is a green check mark to the left of the “Promote” button. Tapping this button ends your turn, and sends the check mark to the other player. This way, you know whether or not it is your turn, judged by whether or not you have the check mark.

You cannot tap anything on the screen when you are a spectator or when it is not your turn, even the buttons.

After you finish a game, just press the “Reset Board” button again to set up a new game.

And now, for the link.

Are you ready?! It’s time to play some CHESS!

@Alpeople

15 Likes

Let me know if you find any bugs!

5 Likes

Alright, I’m ready for a game lol
Anyone else open to play a game of chess? First official game with this?

5 Likes

uh i can

i’m not very good though lol

3 Likes

Its fine lol

The code is 7njolb

5 Likes

Shake a piece around when you get in to tell me that youre there lol

4 Likes

hm i dont think it works-

5 Likes

Checkmate, good game!

4 Likes

good game lol

3 Likes

It worked for me and moosecat at least lol

4 Likes

Nice inaugural game
Ima have a snack and go to bed, gg

4 Likes

Do you just need to let it load for longer? Idk
Anyway. Gn

3 Likes

Maybe later i’ll add a thing that tells you if another player is on
I think theres something in the multiplayer code for that
Whatever its cool as it is rn

3 Likes

You guys feel free to start games with each other if you want, i dont have to do anything lol

2 Likes

OH maybe i was the 3rd person in the room - do you have spectator implementations?

4 Likes

This seems real cool, at school so i cant test rn unfortunately, but maybe ill make a multiplayer game too. HMM…

3 Likes

I dont think so, I did nothing special except enable multiple people to play at once

3 Likes

no goiglying way. magnum opus in progress??

4 Likes

YOOOOOOOOOOO

We love to see it!
Honestly I should make a web explorer badge for anyone who’s created a multiplayer game

8 Likes

YOOO

no offense but I would not expect you to make this masterpiece :partying_face:

2 Likes