Moving Containers Emplacement Results it to be Opened

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: Tri-Angle Studios

What kind of device are you using?: (Also include iOS version, and Hopscotch version) iPad 6th gen, iPadOS15.x, latest Hopscotch and player version

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was coding? this is there since forever (6 months ig?)

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Create a container. It can be Check if, When Game Starts, etc.
  2. Close it.
  3. Move it. It’ll be opened after moving.

I expected this to happen: No opened

But instead this happened: Opened

5 Likes

I remember the change happening, and honestly it should keep its state. Hopefully it is actually a bug because I find this annoying too

5 Likes

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but either way I agree that this should be fixed / changed.

4 Likes

So this has been intended behaviour rather than a bug. I think the intention is that when a user moves something, they can see the contents again of what they’ve just moved. (Probably more geared for the case of just starting out in Hopscotch)

4 Likes

Surely an ability being opened when dragging is not intentional? It’s really, really annoying, causes lag when abilities are opened, and is inconsistent with the behavior of rules.
We really need a user preference to be able to change this and similar behavior

4 Likes

Bump, does this need to be closed, @Tri-Angle?

1 Like

It doesn’t happen for me, but I’ll wait for Tri’s response

3 Likes

looks like they fixed the intended behaviour - so this can be clived for now :+1:

1 Like