Move objects by decimal points

A feature I’d like to see in hopscotch is:
The ability to move objects by decimal points
You can technically already do this, but as seen in this project, the object “moves” by half a decimal each half second but doesn’t actually change its location/variable until the next whole number.

This would be a handy feature for minuscule movements, as there’s a fine cap on just how slow something can go. This caused problems in my space golf game with the star background parallax.

• Good idea
  • Is missing something (reply)
  • No/Another idea
  • Accidentally voted/no opinion

0 voters

@Teminems_MM

16 Likes

Cool idea! fyi, you can do this via awesome_e’s web builder by changing the stage size which therefore allows for more precise movements

5 Likes

Yeah, but you’re still changing the scenes size, which can cause problems and force you to resize all the objects, among other things

9 Likes

Great idea!Never thought of this

3 Likes

Awesome thought, but it should also pertain to other things besides movement, like when drawing trails and the width of trails.

5 Likes

@Temm how do you do this bullet thing ima look at the code but would like and explanation from the one who originally made it

3 Likes

Technically that is incorrect. The Position traits just return rounded numbers to when you look at the player code. The partition itself can be in decimals, though I do wish there was some more freedom with that

8 Likes

Are you a robot

3 Likes

Huh, I was unaware.

Yeah, it’s still very frustrating though

9 Likes

yes…very annoying when doing intricate shape arts

3 Likes

Yeah, totally agree.

And just for example’s sake, the reason that repeating set position (x+0.4, y) doesn’t work is because the x position gets set from say 250 to 250.4, then the next time it’s run, the starting x returns the round(250), so it really just loops setting the x to 250.4

1 Like

I think the object actually moves… the text just doesn’t show the decimal points…

1 Like

This is an amazing idea.