More Text In A Line

We all know the set text block.
When you use it, you put text in, and the text will generate. But it will generate some and then move to the next line. I want to change that. In Hopscotch, I think we should have a setting that asks how much letters you want on a line.

• Good
  • Bad

0 voters

16 Likes

maybe not a setting, but maybe how many words per line?

4 Likes

Very good idea!

2 Likes

Yeah, like built in the block.

3 Likes

a text width block would be nice, similar to set width and height–if the text goes over the height, then the box would be scrollable like you can do in css

5 Likes

Oo, will be helpful to some games. But, not all. Some, unnecessary.

Very amazing idea though!

2 Likes

Yes! I am literally having this problem right now. I want a character’s text to fit in the speech bubble, but it won’t unless it’s reaaally tiinnyyy.

1 Like

Yes yes please. I need this. This would help the game look sooo much better and will make the text fit how I want.

1 Like

1 line, like 1 character

1 Like

I’m coming up with something one sec

1 Like

@CB_Studios

I used @Awesome_E’s awesome project builder to do it so credit him for the example if you would add it in the OP as an example

4 Likes

But there’s a slight problem, if you set a letter limit the lines would still have different widths because different characters have different widths
Same but worse for a word limit, ‘I’ is thinner than ‘antidisestablishmentarianism’ though they are both 1 word.
A ‘text width’ thing would be good
Like the css width property

2 Likes

I would have loved to see more options related to text spacing for sure.

There might be a topic like this - since it has been a requested feature - let me check!

1 Like

At this point it should just be manually adding line breaks. Like no limit at all. That would allow so much more flexibility.

5 Likes

I think this is a better example:

Also used AE’s project builder…

6 Likes

Ooh, yes, that would be great

4 Likes

I like this idea I might help with splash texts

1 Like