More Preset Custom Rules

Hopscotch should make it so that there is a custom block that makes collision code for platforms, so you don’t have to code it. They can also put a joystick custom code block so whoever wants to make a joystick can put that block in a object. This makes it so that anyone can code anything. THT can put more stuff also. I would use these a lot and this would save a lot of time.

10 Likes

I think that might defeat the point of coding, I think they want new users to learn how to do this stuff.

9 Likes

I agree. And some hopscotchers have put in a lot of effort to make a working collision/joystick code.

8 Likes

I agree with crosby n fox

also changed the title to better reflect op:))

11 Likes

That’s kinda true
And making a default block like that would remove the point of even making it.
Plus there is no point in putting it there if u don’t know how to use it

5 Likes

I agree with Crosby and fox but I think they should allow us to transfer custom rules from 1 project to another so we don’t have to code it each time.

3 Likes

Saving code to use in other projects/drafts would be cool. Perhaps it could be added for Advanced Mode only, so newcomers will always have to code the same thing again (to improve their coding skills and development a bit of trial and error).

4 Likes

I’m not so sure about this—it might defeat the purpose of even coding a joystick. But I agree that the custom blocks should be updated at some degree.

2 Likes

I dont like the custom blocks, it make my coding look messy…
I always have to use AE’s shortcut to remove it

3 Likes

You can delete it without the custom builder. Just press and hold.

2 Likes

yeah but it takes such a long time

2 Likes

clears throat
When you code, you feel accomplished, especially when you finally made yourself a collision engine and a working joystick, removing these parts because of a default block ruins the accomplishment you created, like what you made was for nothing.

4 Likes

@Crosbyman64 like this? Inproved Joystick Code by Dragonmaster101

1 Like