More blocks for coding music

When trying to code music in hopscotch, it can be annoying that there is only two octaves of notes, and so you can’t code very many songs without having to change some of the notes, which can make the piece sound weird. I suggest the following things to be added to hopscotch:

• At least two more octaves of notes either side of the scale
  • A set volume block, which means that you can adjust the volume if the piece
  • A set instrument block, e.g. the piano, or the violin, so that you could create bigger songs with many instruments
22 Likes

This would be cool.

6 Likes

I really really would like that!

This would be possible in vanilla Hopscotch if they had the option:
https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/general-project-updates-topic/51305/8159

12 Likes

yes this would be great lol.
just a general sound library expansion would be cool.
I like the volume thing. That would be awesome.

6 Likes

Ah, i really want this to be a thing, especially the set volume block

6 Likes

Awesome!

If those existed, I could code “Spooky Scary Skeletons”!

8 Likes

yes that would be awesome, been wanted for so long

7 Likes

Ahh I get what you mean, it just annoys me when the songs don’t sound as well as the original because the specific note isn’t there!!

7 Likes

Yeah, just give us a regular piano this time lol xylophone isn’t really necessary

5 Likes

Being able to import sounds would be good, too. It would have to be moderated like images, and it sounds like a subscriber feature, but it would be really great if I could.

Hopscotch already supports MIDI, but I’d like them to add support for MP3 and WAV audio.

8 Likes

You’re referring to the non-official (not created by Hopscotch) MIDI-hack, right?

6 Likes

Yup, I’ve brought this up on multiple occasions. Prior music coders have as well. 100% support this idea, as it would make coding music way easier with less restrictions.

5 Likes

I think so too it will inspire me to code music more.

5 Likes

yep

imagine trying to do Scenes a From An Italian Restaurant currently XD

3 Likes

Wow, that would be a daunting task xD

The piano solo…a nightmare

4 Likes

Fine, but you didn’t tell me not to say anything, and you never answered my question. ://

3 Likes

I said for you not to ://///////

Don’t say anything about the project, I’ve said this before

3 Likes

Yes, I am.

3 Likes

No you didn’t. I didn’t know so I asked if the music was for the project. There is nothing wrong with that. I didn’t reveal anything, nor would an answer which you still haven’t given me.

You know, if you didn’t want me to be an insolent little annoyance, maybe you shouldn’t have told me what the pixel art was in the first place. ://

3 Likes

ouch.

I specifically told you irl not to say anything though…

3 Likes