🙉 monkey jump update topic!

Why not just use the clones instead of replacing them

3 Likes

It’s just much easier to code

3 Likes

@StarlightStudios you should change your pfp to the game lol

3 Likes

Hmm maybe, but continuously making new clones will make the game laggy. However I didn’t lag even a little and I got to 1300 ft

3 Likes

Yeah I have a pfp for it but I lost it :sob:

3 Likes

No because they are destroyed

3 Likes

I tested that in 2020. Destroying clones still makes the project lag. Maybe I can find the test I did

4 Likes

Also make sure to use set index instead of bring to front/send to back

3 Likes

Maybe you could make yourself a debug screen that shows how many clones are being used at a time, and see if the number doesn’t increase over 1000…

Don’t forget, player 3.0.0 could also be the reason for the massive lag…

3 Likes

Does it lag for you?

2 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet. I’m currently eating dinner…

3 Likes

This is not true, with one exception. If the clones have a when touching or when bumps block, then the project will lag with more clones regardless if they are deleted.

@StarlightStudios I think this might be it. Really unfortunate that the lag may be caused by a Hopscotch bug :(

3 Likes

It seems to be doing fine for me, even after 3 minutes…

Then again, I’m using a super powerful iPad Pro with an M1 chip inside…

2 Likes

Weird. I just tested this, and my fps dropped significantly from clones. You would know more than me tho :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Clones being destroyed, opposed to being reused.

2 Likes

@StarlightStudios I have 10 gems, but I somehow still cannot buy something that costs 10 gems. I think it’s set to only allow purchase if the number of gems is greater than 10 (11 gems)…

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why just get one more gem

1 Like

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 32 [OFFICIAL]

kinda funny how you use capital letters yet do not use proper punctuation

2 Likes

@StarlightStudios MONKEY JUMP IS SO FUN :laughing:

3 Likes