Merging projects?

we also have to be realistic about what the developers can do, and how long it will take. Remember Hopscotch is a small company, with only four members so they cannot get things that take developing very quickly :wink:

4 Likes

:exploding_head:ONLY 4 MEMBERS!!!
who are they again?

4 Likes

Also, we need this so bad in hopscotch:

It would make everything so much easier
Also, a When (object) is not touching (other object) Block would be awesome

5 Likes

We should merge those too. What’s the point of merging if you can’t merge values?
If you want to change a value of the same name and you don’t want it duplicated, all you have to do is rename it.
@rodrigo too

2 Likes

You can reas at all of the members here, as I am not sure if we are entitled to say who they are!

1 Like

you may wanna post that in this topic, as this is not the place for it (I don’t think people would see it as easily than if it were in the topic for stuff that should be added to HS)

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll just post on there

1 Like

no problemo! Do you need help with anything else?

2 Likes

But then what if the two projects break each other?

3 Likes

How so?

2 Likes

One example is if one project uses a variable named message to send a message from one object to another. The second project uses the same variable to send a different message. If they are sending their messages at the same time, the variable may send the wrong message.

3 Likes

yeah i agree

2 Likes

If you make two variables sending a message at the same time in a regular project, it will not break.
For example: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/106u57ldlq.
The project does not glitch because the fan is rotating properly.

4 Likes

maybe you should have the permission of the creator.

2 Likes

I thought you said the two variables would combine into one.

How would you determine which variable is which when you’re coding it?

6 Likes

So, now you’ll have Variable, Variable1, Variable2, Variable2-2, and so? Wouldn’t this be crazy?

14 Likes

You don’t, that’s the point of merging. You want those two variables to be merged together.

4 Likes

Well, no. You’d have Variable, Variable1, Variable2, Variable3, etc.
Unless Decodeco meant that the variables should be merged as well, so there is only one Variable.

Edit: Actually, yes. Their above post explained.

2 Likes

What if a message pops up saying something like “You have 2 variables of the same name. Which one would you like to rename?”

3 Likes

But then you’d have my problem earlier where two projects with variables that won’t work when combined as the same variable.

4 Likes