Merging projects?

spe33_was_here
spe33_topic
feelfreetoaddtags

Hey coders! Little idea I had. What if you could select a couple of projects, tap a button titled “merge”, and have all that code and work go into a new project. I think this would be awesome! I would love to hear your opinion on it. Thanks!

@awesomeonion @Ana @Rodrigo

19 Likes

Would this be similar to saving as a draft?

8 Likes

If I’m understanding this right, an example would be if u have a cat pixel art project and a dog pixel art project and u want them on one project u would “select them and merge them” and then they would be on a new project together? That’s a good idea :star_struck::sparkles:

5 Likes

Yes. That’s exactly it. Would that be cool?

6 Likes

Not really. U have 2 projects in drafts. You want them to be combined. You select the drafts, hit combine, and boom! There is a new draft, with both those projects in it. Would this be cool?

9 Likes

Definitely :)) This would be very helpful

4 Likes

How would they deal with duplicate variable names?

8 Likes

If they had a variable called ‘Touch’ twice they might just have ‘Touch’ and ‘Touch1’. Or if you had 3 duplicate variables, from 3 different drafts, then ‘Touch2’.

4 Likes

Maybe the app would notify you when doing the merging and ask you to choose a new variable name? The same goes for custom blocks etc.

4 Likes

Interesting idea. What would happen if two objects have the sane name? Or two variables?

11 Likes

You could do the same thing for objects. ‘Square’ and ‘Square’ would be ‘Square’ and ‘Square1’.

7 Likes

@Stylishpoopemoji33 great idea, this would be a lifesaver :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Good idea!

It would be very helpful, but I think it would make copying easier, though I’m not positive.

4 Likes

Maybe if you could only merge your own drafts together and not remixes?

6 Likes

Cool!
What if you had an option to save the original drafts you’re merging, and it’ll create a new draft to merge the 2 drafts in?

4 Likes

That’s a great idea!

2 Likes

would you still have the separate projects after merging? would you have 3 projects or one?

2 Likes

Possbly have a dialogue box that says something like
“There is a duplicate (object, variable, etc)! What would you like to do?
Replace
Rename
Delete”

2 Likes

Make the newer project just add a 1 to the end of it. Like “name” and “name” would become “name” and “name1”

4 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes