Mega Summer Camp 2020

Too bad I left, I wish I stayed. this is a cool challenge!

3 Likes

Do you want HSB(88,37,100) or HSB(88,100,100)?

5 Likes

S 137 would translate to 36, not 37

5 Likes

oo yay!

I love my color ^^

4 Likes

Mines not exactly neon…

4 Likes

Cool challenge! I’ll try to do something for it.

2 Likes

@William04GamerA even thought I’m not part of the camp anymore could I still have a color for this challenge so I can make a non camp project involving this?

4 Likes

Already working on something!

1 Like
6 Likes

une abeille (a bee)!

gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous :heartpulse::honeybee:

2 Likes

Bee-utiful pixel art!
I can’t bee-lieve how long it took you to code that. You must’ve been a real busybee!

4 Likes

Oh- I knew that! That was just a silly mistake from my side, sorry.

Oh, that’s interesting to know! I validated all colors and they looked “neon-y” to me, but well… I can’t change it right now, we’ll continue with these. I usually just use saturation 100 and brightness 100 for neons, but didn’t think about the saturation when generating the color this time. Sorry!

It’s me that screwed up, I opened up my code now and saw that I forgot to change the line that generates the saturation to limit at 100. I want 37.

Yeah - sure!
hsb(190,75,100) :slight_smile:

Sorry about that. Neon or not, still try to use it in a project!

6 Likes

Thank you :DD

1 Like

Okie dokes, will do!

1 Like

Lol no worries. Just a tip for next time haha

It’d actually translate to 36 lol, not 37. Not much of a difference, but if you want the exact color, it’s 36.
That’s cuz even tho S and B go up to 100, 0 is a valid “color” too. So counting that, there’s technically 101 possible values, which is why you need to subract 101 once for every time you’ve gone over the “limit”.

Cuz if it just went on a 100- scale instead of 101, 0 or 100 (depending on which way you went) would either be a fully-saturated-color or white respectively.
Instead, 0 is counted as white, and once you get up to 100 (the 101st value in the list of all possible values), you get a full color. If you to 101, you get white, which is basically the “reset” point for setting it back to 0. And since now you’re starting at 101, (basically the 0 of this number set) you have to add another 100 to get the 101 possible values. That leaves you with 201 as your fully-saturated-color value (what 100 was in the first, standard 0-100 S scale). So you add one and get 202 – which is now your reset point.
For something like 278, you’d have to subtract 202 since you’re basically in the 200s and have “gone over” 100/101 twice, and 202 then becomes the reset point, as explained above.

Hope that lil (well not really, oops. sorry) explanation was helpful haha, even if not asked for.
I can translate the colors to their proper values if you’d like.

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ll write a script that fixes the colors, but as it still shows up as a valid color in Hopscotch, I think I should be good. Thanks for the offer though:)

3 Likes

Np :))

2 Likes

Here’s my project.
Used my color in the bg

4 Likes

a bumble! 10/10

3 Likes

Yep haha
Thanks

3 Likes