Mega Summer Camp 2020

Thanks will, ur the best

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind comments y’all, I’m glad that you are enjoying this!

4 Likes

Someone said y’all again, I don’t like people saying y’all, too much slang…

2 Likes

Hi people - sorry for not checking in on your for over a week! I have worked on some things behind the scenes and other things on Hopscotch, and haven’t really had the time to write something particularly long.

Let me share my plan for the upcoming weeks, since school starts officially for me again in exactly 17 days.

• Get out a few more trail art tutorials, independent of camp activities.
  • Host one competition that’s short/mid-long
  • Do another one of the checklist challenges
  • Compile results for earlier challenges and after that decide teams and certain advantages for previous winners in an exciting final collab challenge! This will be done after the summer contest judging results are out.
  • Collect feedback from all of you related to the camp.
  • Close the camp for this year somewhere around 2020-08-23T22:00:00Z.

I can already get back on the Host one competition that’s short/mid-long-point!
First, I’d like to clarify that results from previous challenges will be calculated and announced when the last, final collab challenge is set up. You’ll get more information when it’s approaching.

And now, to a challenge I think is pretty unique!

The Neon Challenge!

For this challenge, you must create a project that is focused around neon colors! Other than that, it can be anything - a game, a trail art, a coded website, music - you name it! BUT, there is a bit of a twist to it. You all have to include an individually assigned neon color in at least one place your project.

Like all challenges, this challenge is also optional - enter if you can! Even though it’s optional, I have assigned a neon color code for every user in Mega Summer Camp this year (referring to the members in the MegaSCamp group). Look below for YOUR assigned neon color code!

Entries in the neon challenge are due 2020-08-04T17:00:00Z.

The top 3 people of this challenge will receive likes, a shoutout in one of my projects, and a special prize related to the final collab competition! If you can not/don’t want to compete in that, I’ll turn the prize into something else.

Assigned color codes

Open this folder
List of assigned color codes - click on the supplied link for an instant conversion to other color code formats! The list is alphabetically ordered.

@bluedogmc-official: HSB(190,7,97)
@Cherry_Red: HSB(237,71,99)
@Eddie: HSB(94,104,99)
@ellatm: HSB(112,175,96)
@FearlessPhoenix: HSB(70,43,96)
@Fenith: HSB(306,133,99)
@GweTV: HSB(338,64,98)
@Heracc: HSB(209,169,98)
@HopLoc: HSB(221,22,98)
@lapislasli09: HSB(18,14,96)
@LittleThunder: HSB(326,110,100)
@LR10123: HSB(184,331,100)
@Mindcool24: HSB(108,334,98)
@Nobody: HSB(178,263,95)
@Petrichor: HSB(88,137,100)
@press2continue: HSB(360,90,96)
@PumpkinGirl: HSB(47,270,98)
@Sage: HSB(189,131,96)
@Salmon: HSB(207,356,99)
@ShevaKadu: HSB(64,309,100)
@SilverStar: HSB(326,356,96)
@tankt2016: HSB(275,63,99)
@TheDeliciousOrange: HSB(197,61,100)
@TrueHarryPotterLover: HSB(137,115,95)

The list has been generated via a simple program I wrote in Python. I also visualized every color to make sure everyone got a fair color. Some of you have similar colors, but every color has been generated randomly. If you can’t see your name on the assigned color codes list, ask and I’ll fix it.

11 Likes

Nice. I’ll try to make something.
Some of the colors aren’t very neon-y tho haha, cuz neons are usually super bold and bright. Mine’s almost pastel-y. If you ever think about redoing these, or randomly generating neons in the future, I’d probably limit the saturation range to 70-100. Another small thing about that - S and B both go to 100, not 360, btw. For some reason, a lot of the saturations you have listed are going up to 360? It doesn’t make much of a difference unless you’re converting it.

7 Likes

aah really like the sound of this challenge- gonna go check out the colour now!

6 Likes

Too bad I left, I wish I stayed. this is a cool challenge!

3 Likes

Do you want HSB(88,37,100) or HSB(88,100,100)?

5 Likes

S 137 would translate to 36, not 37

5 Likes

oo yay!

I love my color ^^

4 Likes

Mines not exactly neon…

4 Likes

Cool challenge! I’ll try to do something for it.

2 Likes

@William04GamerA even thought I’m not part of the camp anymore could I still have a color for this challenge so I can make a non camp project involving this?

4 Likes

Already working on something!

1 Like
6 Likes

une abeille (a bee)!

gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous :heartpulse::honeybee:

2 Likes

Bee-utiful pixel art!
I can’t bee-lieve how long it took you to code that. You must’ve been a real busybee!

4 Likes

Oh- I knew that! That was just a silly mistake from my side, sorry.

Oh, that’s interesting to know! I validated all colors and they looked “neon-y” to me, but well… I can’t change it right now, we’ll continue with these. I usually just use saturation 100 and brightness 100 for neons, but didn’t think about the saturation when generating the color this time. Sorry!

It’s me that screwed up, I opened up my code now and saw that I forgot to change the line that generates the saturation to limit at 100. I want 37.

Yeah - sure!
hsb(190,75,100) :slight_smile:

Sorry about that. Neon or not, still try to use it in a project!

6 Likes

Thank you :DD

1 Like

Okie dokes, will do!

1 Like