Mega Summer Camp 2020

Welcome to Mega Summer Camp!

Mega Summer Camp is an annual summer event that I have been hosting the recent years. It is back this year too, with many new surprises!

What is Mega Summer Camp?
Mega Summer Camp is an online “camp”, where everyone can leave and join freely. The camp will include Hopscotch-related tutorials, coding tips, classes, collabs, and challenges! It also includes lots of other fun stuff related to Hopscotch. In the end, there will be a challenge to summarize the whole camp, which will happen after the summer contest. A more detailed schedule will be posted in the topic soon!

How to join
Join the @MegaSCamp forum group (please leave this group if you are in it and don’t want to participate this year) and reply below to join the camp! You can join and leave freely at any time. You don’t have to do all the challenges and activities in the camp, but of course, I get super happy when you do! There are no commitments, but please include how a brief estimation of how active you can be in the camp in the post where you say that you want to join. Try to make it as accurate as possible, but I understand if it is hard to make such estimates.

What’s new for 2020?

• In case you are too busy to do a particular challenge, there will be a more easy, alternative challenge posted that you can enter. This is also optional, but it will (hopefully) allow more people to be able to enter, and you don’t have to feel like you have to spend a lot of time on your project, because the alternative challenges are easier.
  • There will, hopefully, be community lead classes. If you want to lead one, please reply to this topic.
  • Improved schedule and scheduling both internally and publicly with a clear, public schedule.

Dates
The camp will start at 2020-06-18T22:00:00Z, but you can join after that date! The end date for the camp is not decided yet.

About summer camp topics
These topics can easily turn into “general topics”, which is one reason behind that we said this last year:

As it seems right now, this also applies to this year.

Moderation and use of this topic
This topic is not for general discussions! For that, I redirect to the current “You Can Talk About Your Hopscotch Coding Here”-topic, which you can find using the search bar or by going here. Not all users might be able to see this, but that is not an excuse for using this topic as a general discussion topic. Hopscotch-related discussions behind members outside the camp schedule is something I encourage, but not on this topic. On this topic, you post discussion and information related to what is happening in the camp.

I am so excited for doing this another year!

@omtl

23 Likes

Post reserved for schedule.

6 Likes

Awesome!

6 Likes

hey awesome! I can’t wait!

4 Likes

What kinds of challenges will there be?

3 Likes

Yay!

Summer camp here we go!

4 Likes

Cool!
I’m definitely joining. Except for a couple of weeks, I should be pretty active.

7 Likes

Whee! I joined the TL and I’m ready to play!

4 Likes

I’ll join!

3 Likes

Sounds amazing!

2 Likes

Coolio! Might do this!

2 Likes

I’ll join

I might pop in and out, I most likely won’t be active in late July and early august since we are (hopefully) going away. I also don’t know what my parents screen time rules will be, but other than that, I should be active

3 Likes

Coding-related challenges, both related to classes and tutorials that I will put up, and other kinds of challenges.

4 Likes

I’m not as active on the forum during the summer, but I’ll definitely try to participate as much as possible!

4 Likes

Will you be able to complete the challenges late?

3 Likes

You can always share your project, but if the challenge includes a prize to the best projects (decided by the community), it will not be able to receive any prizes.

3 Likes

How long will this (these) challenges/tutorials last?

3 Likes

This all depends. It varies to get some variation! Some challenges will be weekly, and some can be only 24 hours or two days. The challenge times also indicate how advanced the project can be.

4 Likes

I meant what categories. Will it be trail art, games, pixel art, or anything that would be related to a certain subject?

3 Likes

Sounds fun, I’m in.

1 Like