Mega Summer Camp 2018 [JOIN NOW]

summer_camp
summer
megasummercamp

Welcome to the Mega Summer Camp 2018!

This is the third year for this camp, although, I wasn´t able to start it last year (2017). This year, I will start the camp and I already have a lot of interest before even making this topic.

What do you do in the camp?

Mega Summer Camp is all about having fun. The activities are related to Hopscotch: both the app and the forum. If you have been in the camp before, we will do the usual activities with some new additions. Here is a list of what you can do in the camp if you sign up:

• Compete in fun, weekly challenges.
  • Discuss the forum, Hopscotch, the Hopscotch App and more.
  • Host a coding tutorial or read one.
  • And much more!

Remember: You don’t have to participate in all the challenges or activities! Participate in as many as you want.

Below, you can learn more about the different activities.

Challenges

There will be coding challenges hosted each week. They will have different topics and some might be longer than usual and some might be a little bit shorter. The prizes will vary - but some challenges are going to be for creativity only and won´t include any prizes. Most challenges are going to have prizes though.

Discussions

“What features would you like THT to add?”, “What kind of projects do you normally play?”, “Would you add any category to the forum if you could?”. Those are all examples of topics that we potentially discuss at the camp. There will be polls to vote in too.

Tutorials

I am going to make and post tutorials, and all members are welcome to make their own events such as hosting a challenge, making a tutorial, suggesting discussion topics and more.

Other activities

There will, of course, be lots of different activities in the Mega Summer Camp 2018 that you can look forward too! :slight_smile:

Members:

Leaders:
@William04GamerA
@WynterDiamond
@Goobrgrlrye
Members: (you can freely join if you want to!)
@girlcode
@Got_This_Glow
@Ducks_Happy
@Jedi4Jesus
@FRENCH_WAVE123
@ExquisiteSoup
@Stal98
@Explorer_
@TheAmazingJello
@GameCodingCrazy123
@XDminusXD

How do I sign up?

To sign up, simply reply to this topic. Later in the summer (after June 1, 2018 5:00 PM (Europe: Paris), June 1, 2018 8:00 AM (America: Los Angeles), to be exact), you could also join the group MegaSCamp. Although, I am working on “reusing” the group for this year.

The start date will be around June 4, 2018 3:00 PM (Europe: Paris), June 4, 2018 6:00 AM (America: Los Angeles).

I hope that you are as excited about this as I am! :slight_smile:

@OMTL

may i be a leader? @William04GamerA

edit FIRST!!!

Sure, but I won’t allow more leaders after you unless I think that we need to do that. Welcome! :slight_smile:

thanks!!!

Can I be in? (I probably won’t be on on the first)

hey!
can I join but not do the challenges? I don’t have hs but this seems interesting :^)

Can I please join @William04GamerA
Great idea by the way!

(I’m gonna call it the winter one since it’s winter where I am)

I’m so excited this is going to be so fun! Thanks for letting me join!!

I can’t wait! Is there anything I can do to help start the camp?

The member list is now updated, welcome everyone to the camp!

Well, it starts in about a week, but I think that we could start next week, already. Do you have some ideas for activites more than those who are listed?

I think that you were pretty comprehensive with your list — team challenges may be fun, as well as badges for acheivements and stuff.
I’ll need to think a little as to what the challenges/discussions/tutorials might be :slight_smile:

That’s two great ideas that I definetly will consider.

Okay, cool :slight_smile:

Same here! Twinzeys!
Thanks for joining me @William04GamerA

Hi! Can I join? I think this will be great for me in the summer! :blush:

You can join, of course! Welcome! :slight_smile:

Important information:
@background_inc, @HappyDolphin, @Wazzup (I don’t know why the tagging doesn’t work), @claw33 and @laser_eyed_puppy are from Mega Summer Camp 2017. They have been removed frome the group @MegaSCamp.

Although, @background_inc and @laser_eyed_puppy does have to leave the group manually as they are leaders. If they don’t, they will unfortunately get all notifications for the Mega Summer Camp.

If someone isn’t in the group yet, feel free to join if you want notifications about new activites and more!

Member and leader list:
@William04GamerA
@WynterDiamond
@Goobrgrlrye
@girlcode
@GlowCumber
@Ducks_Happy
@Jedi4Jesus
@FRENCH_WAVE123
@ExquisiteSoup
@Stal98
@Explorer_
I know that some of you from the list above already is in the group. If so, you don’t have to do anything. If you don’t want notifications or don’t want to join the group, you can skip doing that as well.

Hello! When does the MSC start??? (also, first)

I joined!! This is really well set up!

i didn’t join the camp but idk