Mega Collab: Hopscotch Help Guide

I might do that one.

3 Likes

#setsound

4 Likes

I agree

4 Likes

@Awesome_E I added the arrow key thing for search. If you press arrow up or down it opens search, escape exits it and enter click()s the currently selected block.

I also added a second way to add blocks, which adds them to both info and blockSearch. I moved all the current blocks with info to blocks.js, but blocks can still be added the old way too.

I think I did a pull request to your thing, but if I didn’t then I have the changes in my fork.

7 Likes

It’s definitely a bit finicky still (e.g. hitting enter when no results closes the search but doesn’t unfocus the element), so I’m gonna make it an alternate index

5 Likes

I think I fixed that and a few other things. It’ll still be a bit off but I can’t think of anything else at the current moment.

5 Likes

K also this might contain helpful code for you.

4 Likes

Also, AE, idk if anyone asked you but we’ve al been meaning to.
When this is done, can we use this in the hs Help Docs? Credit to everyone’s and all ofc

4 Likes

I guess so, but maybe link to my page instead of copying+crediting?

Like, “other helpful pages” or something like that?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too.
I love the layout n everything of your page and I don’t really wanna change it either.
I’ll ask Ana .

5 Likes

@Petrichor got my own fix, enter opens search, up and down navigates (and opens), and escape closes. :D

7 Likes

Link @ post 1

- Timestamp Block
- Links to Create a Tutorial
- idk I forgot me changes

@HopscotchHelpGuideCollab @Good-Es (23)

6 Likes

Weekend Challenge:

Blocks: Set Position, Flip, Set Angle

Main Categories (10 ePoints/good contribution): Useful for, Community Links

Other Categories (5 ePoints/good contribution): Hopscotch Description, Your Description (very basic and short)

@HopscotchHelpGuideCollab @Good-Es (23)

Sorry for two tags so close to each other

7 Likes

Got it, I’ll find set position links

2 Likes

Would backgrounds like these be ok?

4 Likes

I suppose so, but screenshot me le code

4 Likes

There’s not much to screen shot, just uses set position x (Value) plus 4 y self y position

Maybe your BG tutorial?

3 Likes

not sure I have a bg tutorial, but smooth BG creator might work. Though I think I also have move forward in there as well as set speed. I gotta do hw rn so take a look

4 Likes

@ThePeopleWhoWantedToHelpButHaveNotReallyContributed @GameCodingCrazy123 @FearlessPhoenix @Mathgirl

Can we get this going?

And don’t just like this post, please actually reply, whether that’s with a contribution or when you think you can help (can be in a month I don’t care) or if there is a particular suggestion you have

14 Likes

I´m so sorry! I will put this topic on watching and set a personal reminder. Expect a contribution from me within the upcoming days.

4 Likes