Maybe THT should make this new update

Has this ever happened to you? People remixing your projects and getting a lot of likes, even though they did none of the work? I have come across this incident before and you probably have, too. Well, maybe, there should be a choice to allow your project to be remixed or not. @Liza, @Rodrigo, @system, what do you think?

14 Likes

That's actually a really interesting suggestion...

4 Likes

Thx!

3 Likes

I think that sounds pretty cool

3 Likes

That sounds like a really interesting idea.

Although, I'm not sure if THT would like it.

But I know the feeling

3 Likes

I disagree. People remix because they like what you made, or they want to change something in your project to make it something different! Think about reposting a song on SoundCloud or remixing a #BestOf2016 project. Once, I had my Lightrail project remixed to be an extremely hard and fun version of the game – "Lightrail - Hardcore Mode". That, for one, was fun, but remember that your main project usually ends up having more likes than the remix. ^^

Plagiarism, on the other hand, is totally unacceptable. People could simply flag those projects, though. :)

4 Likes

If that's blocked then people have to make there own drawing pads instead of using Imeow's and poptart2019'

2 Likes

No, to shouldn't. The only reason they would get likes from that is, a. They changed the game to make it better, b. They won some sort of lottery and their prize were likes, and c. They have a bunch of people who spam- like their projects. If they got the likes because of options b or c, then they don't deserve them, but, if it is because of option a, then they deserve it.

2 Likes

Hmm, maybe they should!
But
A)
People may want to show how awsum are you, make interesting versions of a project
B)
Drawers are remixing drawing pads with their drawings (XD)
C)
If it isn't a) or b) or smth like these variants, I agree with you :slight_smile:

1 Like

No offense meant…

1 Like

There should be a Choice if you want your project to be remixed or not. That is what I said.

First, sometimes people just remix. No changing code or they change one line. That isn't a valuable remix (in my opinion.)

Second, if you really wanted to remix and the person turned it off you might as well copy the code. I definitely do not encourage that, but you could I suppose.

Third, not everyone gets spam liked. I have gotten spammed before but only when my projects were featured. And recently they haven't been idc though.

Also, @PIANOMAN said that there could be an option for remixing or not.
And I doubt people wouldn't want you using their drawing pads.

2 Likes