Mathgirl's General Topic (project updates, small announcements, etc.)

I saw...
Plus... COOLL!!!!!!!!!!

That's awesome! :D

A trail art pool I made (I used text for the waves, but the rest is trail art):

I might add/change a few things. :D

What do you think? I'm going to use it for a game. :D

That is amazing! I really like it. I think the { text symbols make the pool look even more realistic. I can't wait for your game! :smiley:

Maybe, if you want to look super realistic, you could do a smooth gradient for the water instead of the plain blue? It would take a while to load, though, so your plain blue is probably better.

Woah has amazing :000

Your such a good coder!
Maybe instead if plain blue, and a gradient background might take a while, you could do trails slightly changing saturation or brightness each time :DDD

It it looks super amazing as it is, can't wait to see your game! :DDD

I changed the water a bit. Thanks @Intellection74 and @smishsmash for the suggestions! :D

I feel like I should make the stuff around the water a bit more realistic.

your welcome :D

That looks great, I love the color :D

Does anyone have questions for me to answer? :D

How do you code so well?? :000:0:0

[insert shrug emoticon here]

I guess I plan the project out in my head, then experiment with code and modify it until it works. :stuck_out_tongue:

Woah, cool! :00000

I couldn't think of a specific place to put this, so I put it in my general topic. It's about the demotions.

This isn't directed at anyone, I just wanted to say some stuff. :D

I've been seeing some posts about the recent demotions, and there are a few things I feel like I need to get out.

You may know about Rodrigo's Twitter post about how leaders were an experiment, and how this is phase 2 of the experiment. However, as Liza said here, Rodrigo probably didn't mean what he said in his Twitter post literally. I misunderstood what he said too, but I just wanted to get that out there. The Hopscotch Team isn't doing a science experiment on us.

Although I was a bit upset about the demotions at first, I've gotten over it. I mean, you can discuss coding at any trust level, right? Also, to be honest, I'm actually a bit glad that I'm not a Leader anymore. It was a great learning experience for me, and I learned a lot from it, but it was really hard for me, and I'm not sure I was ready for the responsibility, no matter what I thought at the time.

Just wanted to get that out. :D

Thanks for clearing that up! :slight_smile:

I still have a great deal of respect for you and I agree with everything you said there! :D

I also think that the way you look at these things is in a constructive way on how to make things better instead of being unhappy about it is a great thing to have on the forum and you do a great job setting the example! :DD

Does anyone else find it really hard to work on only one project for a while without getting bored?

Here are the projects I'm focusing on the most at the moment:

• A cross the pool game. (inspired by a real life experience)
  • A trail art which is half flowery castle and half dark, spooky castle.

I'm also working on a water bottle trail art and a Chillanna trail art. :D

If you're wondering exactly what inspired the cross the pool game... (tap me)

It was inspired by a real life experience where I had to cross a crowded pool while trying not to bump into anyone. :D

What do you think of my new (well, technically I changed it 3 hours ago, but whatever) profile picture? I'm going to keep it for the rest of the month. :D

I love it :+1::+1::+1:

Thanks! :D