Make your #yearbook page for Hopscotch’s 9th Anniversary!

For Hopscotch’s 9th anniversary, we’re inviting the community to reflect on their Hopscotch journey.

We have a Hopscotch Yearbook Page template where you can share your first Hopscotch project, your proudest Hopscotch project, and what project you’re working on now. You can also tell us about your Hopscotch experience. You can personalize the project with colors and icons as you like.

When you’ve finished your page, you can also link to other people’s Yearbook Pages. You can browse for other Hopscotcher’s Yearbook Pages in the #yearbook channel.

Hopscotch Yearbook Page Instructions

OPEN THE PROJECT TEMPLATE HERE
@t1_hopscotch made this :point_up:

1. Tap on the project template
  2. Tap on the three dots on the top left
  3. Tap on “Save to my profile”
  4. Make the changes (keep reading)
  5. Publish with #yearbook

There are three main components:

1. Review your Hopscotch projects. Change the Open Project block to link your First, Proudest, and Current projects. Then change the title to include your Hopscotch username.
  2. Share your Hopscotch experience. Change the text objects and enter your coding journey with Hopscotch. How did you start Hopscotch? What were the hardest moments? What motivated you to keep going? What are you thinking about doing next? Any coding tips for fellow Hopscotchers?
  3. Link to the next page of the Hopscotch Yearbook! Go to the #yearbook channel, and find someone’s yearbook page that you’d like to link to, and paste the link in the Open Project block. This will help us to make a virtual book!! Try to link to the newest projects uploaded in the channel so that we can make sure everyone’s page is linked somehow. But also feel free to link to your specific Hopscotch friend’s page.

If you need a recap on using the Open Project block, you can watch our Bulletin Board video in ‘Newest Releases’ under the Learn tab, or refer to this project. Feel free to tweak any part of the project.

We can’t wait to see what you make!

Yuanyuan & Tracey

18 Likes

This is awesome! Can’t wait to look at everyones! first

7 Likes

Such a good idea

@Gynn

6 Likes

I’ll be on all day giving out plants and likes maybe even follows

Can’t wait to see everyone’s #Yearbook

5 Likes

Here’s my yearbook.

5 Likes

Here is my yearbook page!!! (If you don’t see it it’s because it’s in the filter!)

https://explore.gethopscotch.com/p/12b87fv3lz

This is such a cool idea!

3 Likes

Yeah, it returns 404 right now. Just give it a few hours.

In the meantime, here’s a link to your project using AE’s player:

Note: the open project block will only work in the app.

3 Likes

If should be out of the filter now!

2 Likes

nop, 404 page not found ):

1 Like

It’s a glitch with the link.

@StarlightStudios you might have to re-send the link because of this.

1 Like

This is a great idea! Here’s mine:

I also just realized that the links for the projects in mine aren’t working

2 Likes

Here’s mine

It currently is filter so use this link for now

3 Likes

Here’s mine! :grinning:

3 Likes

Here, this link should work

3 Likes

Do we have to link to anybody’s in particular for the next page?

2 Likes

Just the ones in the #yearbook channel. It can be anyone’s yearbook. For example, I linked my next page to t1_hopscotch’s yearbook.

3 Likes

Just to let you know, as I think you had a little misunderstanding, we are actually getting ready for Hopscotch’s 9th anniversary, and its B-day is actually on April 16 (the same day as @Madi_Hopscotch’s B-day). I know this because I implemented that date in my seed project in Spring of 2021 when I collected some Hopscotcher’s B-days.

4 Likes

I have finished mine

3 Likes

Looks cool. I especially like the raining objects effect.

3 Likes

huh I thought I had a patch for it to work in my player

Edit: looks like the proxy server is down??
Edit 2: something is up with the code. If you make your open project block based on UUID, it should work in my player. Looks like I didn’t account for that

1 Like