Madsie05's Beta-Testing Topic

This topic is made for beta testing my game for this year’s summer contest called Camping Simulator!

The current beta testers are: @mathgirl, @GameCodingCrazy123, @Rodrik834, @tankt2016 and @cts (this is subject to change though, I may add more people depending on the circumstances).

This post is the ref master post, with access to all the important links and posts on the topic so if I add more people, or people can’t find posts, this is where you should come!

Link to the game itself:

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10c7xa21j2 (beta version 5)

past versions

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/109kcaj7u4
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10bp8pdzym
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10bpa7bjmm
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10c7hqykwb
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10bswg7ktu

Known bugs:

8 Likes

If you want, I can make you an unlisted beta testing topic that only you guys will be able to access.

6 Likes

Yay I’m in, thanks a ton! Congrats to Mathgirl and CTS as well!

4 Likes

that’d be great! Thanks Fea! Feel free to put it up whenever though — I won’t be starting beta testing until the weekend lol

1 Like

Start whenever lol, you have this topic.

Only the people you tagged and @ Leaders (for moderation purposes) will come in here.

Lmk if you need anything else

2 Likes

Okay cool thank you so much!

If I wanted to add more people for example (which I probably won’t) would I just invite them to this topic or how does that work??

2 Likes

Oof I still got tagged… well bye

1 Like

Oh yea that’s because fea moved the post where I announced who got in whoops.

just ignore this ig, sorry!!

3 Likes

Nah don’t worry :wink:

1 Like

Yeah. You can invite then through the invite button or you can just tag them and they can get here through their notifs

2 Likes

Okay thanks for getting this set up!!

2 Likes

No problem :slight_smile:

Good luck

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

(Congrats to GameCodingCrazy and mathgirl!)

3 Likes
beta testers

@mathgirl, @gamecodingcrazy123,@cts

I’m going to release the beta version of the game so you guys can get started around this time: 2019-07-20T01:00:00Z.

I’ll give you guys until the end of the month to give me feedback on what I could change, what I could add, etc. (this also means if necessary, I can get more beta testers involved :00)

Also, there are a couple of known bugs in the game that I currently can’t seem to solve so I’ll put up a list with those tomorrow as well :+1:t2::+1:t2:

4 Likes
beta testers!

@mathgirl, @gamecodingcrazy123, @CTS

Beta testing begins… now!

Here is the link to the project:

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/109kcaj7u4

Feel free to give me whatever feedback you like on the project; how it could be improved, what you think of it in general etc.

List with all currently known bugs is the post below this one (so just scroll down). It will be added to as we encounter more bugs.

Okay, have a nice day everyone! Thanks for taking part :)

I notice the leaders have been checking this topic (like they’e supposed to, so if there are leaders reading this post, please don’t click the link — it can be a surprise for all of you when judging the summer comp later. Thanks guys!

4 Likes

Nice, I’ll test it in the morning (ET)

Why don’t you unpublish it?

2 Likes

Oh yeah smart. I’ll do that now

1 Like

Current known bugs:

Hey beta testers! Here’s a list of the current known bugs in the game! When playing through the project, if you could try figure out how to solve these, that would be great!

BUG 1:

DESCRIPTION: When setting up the tent in task 2, the poles won’t disappear like the code tells them to do when first loading up the project.

SCREENSHOTS

CURRENT KNOWN FIX: Restart the project

BUG SOLVED? Yes! (Kudos to @Rodrik847 who put a temporary fix on this bug while it was still causing problems)

BUG 2:

DESCRIPTION: After completing task 2 (setting up your tent), the background changes and flashes momentarily.

SCREENSHOTS

Obviously it’s hard to capture a screenshot of the screen flashing, so you’ll have to play the project and see for yourself.

CURRENT KNOWN FIX: N/A

BUG SOLVED? Yes!

BUG 3:

DESCRIPTION: After completing task 2 (setting up the tent), if you click on the tasks tab too quickly, the background and shapes will reload themselves behind the task menu.

SCREENSHOTS

The rule daytime=3 (shown above) should make the background white

The two images of the code above obviously don’t apply to just the object ‘leg2’. They’re on all the objects that can be seen in the first screenshot for this section, just with variations.

CURRENT KNOWN FIX: Close the tab menu and reopen it.

BUG SOLVED? Yes!

BUG 4:

(Thank you to @Mathgirl for finding this bug!)

DESCRIPTION: The camping handbook will show up on any screen if you either press 2 buttons at once, or you press to open the handbook while the ending text at the end of task 1 is displayed

SCREENSHOTS

CURRENT FIX: Close the book as normal.

BUG SOLVED? Yes!

Bug 5:

(Thank you to @CTS for finding this bug!)

DESCRIPTION: After finishing task 2 (setting up the tent), if you click on the bag and then exit it, the campfire base will become visible

SCREENSHOTS

CURRENT FIX: N/A

BUG SOLVED? Yes!

Bug 6:

DESCRIPTION: When you are stirring the soup during task 4, you are still able to drag the spoon away even though it is touching the pan.

SCREENSHOTS

BUG SOLVED? Yes!

Bug 7:

DESCRIPTION: During task 1 (choosing your tent area), if you press on the right answer, and then on the wrong one, the incorrect text results show up.

SCREENSHOTS

BUG SOLVED? Basically yes. It isn’t too much of a big deal so I just changed the code around a bit so if you press the wrong answer after pressing the right one, task 1 still continues.

Bug 8:

DESCRIPTION: After closing the task menu, the text telling you that you’ve either completed a task already or you cannot complete this task yet is still visible.

SCREENSHOTS

CURRENT SOLUTION: N/A

BUG SOLVED? Yes!

Bug 9:

(Thank you to @Mathgirl for finding this bug!)

DESCRIPTION: When pressing both the ‘open bag’ and ‘tasks’ buttons, both menus will load up, showing the objects in both menus.

SCREENSHOTS

CURRENT SOLUTION: Close both menus and reopen the one you want

BUG SOLVED? Yes!

Bug 10:

DESCRIPTION: During task 1 (choosing where you want to set up camp, if you press the correct answer and the handbook at the same time, in some instances the main screen will reload itself behind the booklet.

SCREENSHOTS

CURRENT SOLUTION: Close the handbook and continue as normal.

BUG SOLVED? Yes!

Bug 11:

DESCRIPTION: If you click through to begin task 3 really quickly after finishing task 2, the main screen will load itself behind the wood logs.

SCREENSHOTS

BUG SOLVED? Yes! (This happened as a result of bug 3, so it was also patched in beta 5)

Bug 12:

DESCRIPTION: If you tap either A or B when first loading the map and then tap C before the text telling you if you’re right or wrong has finished, then you will not progress through and finish the task.

SCREENSHOTS

BUG SOLVED? Yes!

This list will be added to as the beta testers and I continue to find bugs, so I guess you can call it the ultimate bug post?

Anyway, hopefully this is of use to some people :))

3 Likes

Cool, I’ll check for that

2 Likes