Losing modified code in published project (due to clones)

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: cktennis

What kind of device are you using?: iPhone 11 Pro

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I was working on my st Patrick’s day project and adding a particle system that uses square clones of the player to make a cool effect (not even a lot just like 5) then I run the project and it glitches and won’t let me go back into the editor so I try to publish an update so I don’t loose everything and it’s like: whoops something went wrong and I had to re fresh the app to do anything so I lost my progress it wasn’t the WiFi because everything before that was working fine so sorry for long description
Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Make a game with clones and make them move around and do something
  2. Play it
    ….

I expected this to happen:
It works
But instead this happened:
It broke
Here’s a sweet screenshot: I don’t have screenshot because i lost all of it

This may not be fixable but it has happened for a while and I just want to prevent it from happening to other people in the future :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Yeah so imma go remake my shopping system lol

7 Likes

I have lost all motivation :confounded:

7 Likes

Huh interesting. Were you editing an already published project?

6 Likes

YeAh I was

5 Likes

Oh ok. That’s why you lost the work. I avoid editing an published project cus my iPad does weird stuff.

4 Likes

I know that but it crashed still and the limit is like 4,000 but I made 5

5 Likes

I just tried it with one of my other games and I made ONE clone and it froze my screen

5 Likes

Sometimes my iPad crashes within 20 sec of just opening an app. If you have a lot of storage used you should reduce that. If not idk.

6 Likes

restart your ipad/iphone. that’s my recommendation

5 Likes

Hmm, usually a common bug - when using clones (doesn’t even matter how much) it can be really glitchy sometimes. :))

6 Likes

yes, but in smashy i use 3 clones per button and it doesn’t lag lol

3 Likes

It usually just depends on how ur device is feeling. Mine is usually sad or angry so lots of problems happen. Like my apps crashing every 10-30 sec.

6 Likes

Lol great way to describe it

5 Likes

Well, its mainly random. All I’ve seen is that when using scenes or clones, your project may be glitchy. Especially when using both, but its mostly random when it happens.

5 Likes

weird, that was the same to me too
i lost my gd remake ;(

1 Like

when you played it, was it a blank white screen?

2 Likes

No it froze and then it said oops something went wrong try emailing at blablablabla

2 Likes

was that when you played the project or when you tried to update it?

2 Likes

It was when I played the project and then I got scared and tried to publish an update so I wouldn’t loose everything but it wouldn’t let me publish

2 Likes