Loop-DevMode: On Beta Testing

Hello! This is the topic for LDMO where you can try out beya features like the upcoming character size changer coming in the 1.8 release.

Beta test for LDMO
  • I will
  • I won’t
  • I accidentally voted

0 voters

Disclaimer: The information in this OP will quickly become outdated/incorrect so please check below for updates and stuff.

7 Likes

Nice

3 Likes

is spy guy credited for the base game in this project?

2 Likes

Yes in the end credits.

3 Likes

I just found something out. Theres no complete thing for the last level. How could I miss that? This is why I made this topic. This also means nobody will see the end credits :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Cool! I have to check out the current version of this game, haven’t tried it yet!

1 Like

Cool! I’m excited to see how it turns out!

1 Like
LDMO V1.9 New feature
  • Custom BG color
  • Custom Stage/character HSB changes
  • Enable/Disable the Info things at the top of the screen
  • Character Skins and different character shape

0 voters

2 Likes

you can do all these things in one version lol

1 Like

I have a list of reasons why I won’t add more than 1-3 features per update.

• Expectations raised. More things expected every update. Lowered sleep and quality but raised update wait time.
  • Quality is higher on my list of important things than quantity.
  • It would ruin the magic of the game. It’s like the magic that keeps minecraft, terraria, the legend of zelda games, pokemon, and mario popular after all these years and their magical feeling. (not that I’m saying this game will ever become as popular as any of these)
  • It’s hard to make these things variables don’t like me very much no matter how much I try I can’t make them like me.

I could go on but I’m sure you get the point.

2 Likes

Just some news

It’s time I think I create something greater than LDMO. In LDMO I mainly added new buttons and slightly changed the character movement. All of it was just modifying mobility. I made a post in yctayhch23 saying I might do this. As you can see in those two projects I linked I had modified the tile data to create a hexagon land and a nightmare land. I so far gave only changed how it looks by changing the image and rotation. If I were to go even further and modify the level data I could make a whole new game with completely different levels, slightly vhange the existing levels, add new levels and so much more.

What are the overall implications of this?

You could get another form of me hacking loop and making new levels (which would be a splitoff of LDMO meaning it would update with LDMO and get the new buttons and indicators and stuff) and such, maybe even making a splitoff from that and creating full level creator.

When will all this be happening?

All these events Ihave described will unfold over the next few months with there being a complete and total stop from late June to late August. I am not sure if I will be able to return to HS in the upcoming next school year but I am sure I will be able to return to the forum.

Tl;DR (Too long; Didn’t read)

A new form of me hacking Loop’s technical stuff :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: and maybe no return to the HS app :cry: (I will still be on the forum).

1 Like

@Spy_Guy_96 I have a question about Loop. Ever since version 1.7 (as far as I can remember) the the spinning goal thing isn’t in the last level. I haven’t even looked or edited the tile and level data until like 3 days ago. I even took screenshots of both and everything in them and found no differences after 2 hours of searching. You originally created Loop so I thought it would be best to ask you about this.

1 Like

(In 1.9) Just increase the amount of clones the tiles create (Square 2) from 19 to 20.
(also why are the tiles a parallelogram lol)

1 Like

Thanks! I just changed it and it’s working now.
I accidentally uploaded the version with the laralellograms but I haven’t changed it yet.

1 Like

LDMO 1.9 Beta is out and I need you to try every possible thing (pushing all the buttons at once setting the custom values to negative numbers etc)

I won’t be on for the next 2 or 3 hours

Beta Testers

@Ostrich
@Nameless_gamer
@asianninja
@FearlessPhoenix
@Heracc
@Kaila808
@Slothy
@creationsofavillager

4 Likes

Alright, I’m back. What glitches have you guys found?

1 Like

LDMO V1.9 Beta 5 is here. Glitches will be present, that’s the point of this topic.

Tags

@Nameless_gamer
@Heracc
@Kaila808
@asianninja
@creationsofavillager
@Slothy
@Innerpanda

3 Likes

Not in beta anymore, but it’s here. I also made a post in the Project update topic place thing topic place thing.

Tags

@Nameless_gamer
@Heracc
@Kaila808
@asianninja
@creationsofavillager
@Slothy
@Innerpanda

3 Likes

LDMO V1.10 Feature

You Decide
  • You decide