Long Unicode characters break a lot of stuff

Bug: Long Unicode characters in usernames break multiple things, including
1: allows you to get names longer than the 25 character limit while still having a 25 character username
2: entering an account with an incredibly long username causes you to not be able to log out without uninstalling hopscotch, the seeds button blocks the options button.
3: liking or following projects makes the notifications fill the entire bar.
4: going to a profile with a long username using the Unicode characters has the username go offscreen.

Screenshots:

Steps to reproduce bug:

• Create an account using ﷽ Or another similar long character spammed into the username
  • you won’t be able to log out + everything above

Sheesh, this one is a bit weird.
@AwesomeOnion, @Elizabeth

14 Likes

ooh that looks fun

3 Likes

I literally had to uninstall hopscotch, couldn’t log out lol

3 Likes

you can’t rename yourself?

3 Likes

oh yeah
Lol
Sometimes I forget these things :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah I saw people with looong users too

1 Like

THT could easily fix this by relocating the “Get Seeds” button to where it’s not overlapping or blocking anything important…

2 Likes

You can rename yourself, as I’ve now been notified of.
And a text cap on notifications would be good

2 Likes

is it just me or is that username kinda THIC C

4 Likes

Lol not gonna lie that looks HILARIOUS when you look at ur notifications and not understand whether they remix or like it

2 Likes

Ngl, hopscotch has a lot of problems with this character limit stuff. Needs to be fixed.

I’d usually test the bug, but I don’t want to go through the process of having to wait for the app to install again.

Oof
Big oof
I think usernames should be based off of actual length (like width), not length in charcters

1 Like

you can rename yourself still

3 Likes

True, I hadn’t thought of that.

1 Like

ah I remember this bug
it seems like I know what character that is

1 Like

Odd :thinking:

1 Like

oh hey, that character is actually four words that mean “In the name of God” in arabic

4 Likes

Oh, I was unaware
Neat

3 Likes