Local variables not cascading into If Then

@Yuanyuan @t1_hopscotch, here’s another case where the HS player isn’t working correctly

Local variables are not cascading into If Then blocks when Set immediately before

This simple code produces “Broken”

4 Likes

yep, atm for temporary fix just add a Wait(0) after Set Local Variable To

3 Likes

Have experienced that before.
A bit annoying
But you can follow @anon82626866’s at the moment (add a wait 0)

2 Likes

Good comment. I should have mentioned that. The caveat is that if you expect/need the Set and If Then to both execute in the same frame, then you won’t be able to use a local variable. In that case, you’ll have to switch to an object variable.

2 Likes

This is the same issue as the Repeat/Conditionals/Set Variables are broken bug (similar to the example that Petrichor posted here Repeat/Conditionals/Set Variables are broken - #16 by Petrichor)

It is fixed in the new web player version 1.6.0, so it will run as expected without having to add the Wait 0 block in between. (Just don’t have news yet on when it will be released)

The local variable does cascade into the Check once if / Repeat containers in both cases, but the issue was the player execution — relating to when the local variable is set and its value is checked.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight t1.

Want to just close this since it’s the same issue?

2 Likes

Will you let me know when that gets released to the public (or when you get the news of when it’ll release)?

2 Likes

Sure I’ll close it.

Yep I will let you all know, and I can tag you personally as well if you’d like the ping.

1 Like

Ok, sounds good :+1:

1 Like

Same issue as Repeat/Conditionals/Set Variables are broken.