Limited-Time Competition: Curate Your Own Hopscotch Community Browser!

Hey there :wave:

As you know, we have released a new version of Hopscotch with the project linking feature. It is the “Open Project” block in the blue Control Flow section of the code editor. To celebrate this new feature, we’re opening a Hashtag Channel called #HopNet and opening a limited-time project linking competition for people to make their own version of the Hopscotch Community!

Have you ever wanted to curate your own Hopscotch channel? How about a Nostalgia channel that brings back all the old-time masterpieces? Any hidden gems that you’ve been playing? Create your own Hopscotch community browser using the “Open Project” block and enter the competition!

:spiral_notepad:Requirements

• Create your own version of Hopscotch channels using the “Open Project” block
  • Your project must link to at least two other projects

:iphone:How to Enter

• Publish your project with #hopnet to enter the competition

:mantelpiece_clock:Deadline

• Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 11:59 PM EST

:medal_sports:Prizes

• First Place: 100 seeds
  • Second Place: 70 seeds
  • Third Place: 50 seeds
  • Innovation Prize: 100 Seeds (For people that use the “Open Project” block in the most innovative way!)

You will also receive a badge on the Hopscotch forum!

You must update your Hopscotch app to the latest version for the Open Project feature to work properly. For more tips on how to use the “Open Project” block, read the blog here. The hashtag channel will remain open after the limited-time competition is over for people to continue to curate their own Hopscotch community. Have a blast and Happy Hopscotching!

33 Likes

Yas first so exited!

6 Likes

That’s sic ngl

7 Likes

Totally doing this! Epic way to advertise the new block

4 Likes

Can’t do this though

2 Likes

Ooh epic!
Might submit a project for this

2 Likes

Oh so like I make a hopscotch explore for this
Nice, May try it

2 Likes

Should we use images of the project’s thumbnail like in the actual categories, or can we just use text (and maybe some rectangles too)?

3 Likes

I just don’t have time to do this I would needa collab

5 Likes

Shape art would get a higher score I assume

4 Likes

If you want to do one, you can help me “curate” projects for mine?

3 Likes

@Yuanyuan are there any limits as to what we can and cannot link for this comp?

5 Likes

I’d love to Collab

4 Likes

Good question

5 Likes

That’s not even a collab that’s just me doing you a favor

We’ll see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can help more if you want

I just didn’t know to what extent you’d want to help

2 Likes

You can link any Hopscotch project you like

5 Likes

The Open Project block would be a great way to do a collab actually! If you have different levels or pages of a project, you can each code half and link to each other’s project. if you’re making a collaboration, make sure that it’s clearly stated in the project, and if it won a prize, we will help you split the prize.

9 Likes

If you win what do you do if you don’t want the seeds

4 Likes

You can keep the seeds for later if you have anything to spend it on!

7 Likes