Liking a remix does not appear in remix's notification

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username:
GravyStudiosNExT :zap:
What kind of device are you using?:
iPad Mini w/ iOS 9
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was looking at an old remix I liked’s notification, and it said I didn’t like it.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Remix a project with a different acc
  2. Like the remix with the original 's acc
  3. Close and reopen the app
  4. Check the remix notification
    ….

I expected this to happen:
It to say I liked it
But instead this happened:
It said I did not and gave me an error
Here’s a sweet screenshot:

4 Likes

error code 400 based on wikipedia

The server cannot or will not process the request due to an apparent client error (e.g., malformed request syntax, size too large, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing).

2 Likes

Exactly. That’s the bug.

1 Like

It is a client error because the client says

Can you mark this as liked?

The server responds

What do you mean? It’s already liked! I will not give it another.

1 Like

It isn’t really a bug, it is more of it is liked, but you clicked on it in a weird way, so it doesn’t like you

no, it is a bug

it happens when you click on a link to a project and you’ve already liked the project—and try to like it again

3 Likes

In notifications, if you go into the project, it will say you haven’t liked it yet, but if that error pops up, you actually have liked it before. Still a bug, but not the bug you stated.

That’s exactly the bug I stated, just in different wording. The server knew I already liked it, but the app thought it was not, and thought I was trying to do so.

2 Likes

Did you try restarting your device?

This bug has been in HS for years now. Restarting won’t change anything.

3 Likes

Doesn’t it send a remix notification when you save someone’s project to your drafts?

4 Likes

Yes, but I think that is different from what’s being described here.

4 Likes

I only had the issue once, I restarted and I don’t have the issue anymore…

2 Likes

This is about your like not showing up in the individual project preview if you’ve already liked the project.

3 Likes

The reason for this is because you have already liked it before. When you see a project in your notifs, it does that

If you’ve already liked the project the server is confused - nothing to do with remixes

Oh yeah I have that thing before and I completely ignore it but i think it is because you didn’t follow?

3 Likes

Basically the bug is that it doesn’t show that you liked the project

1 Like

The HTTP 401 Unauthorized client error status response code indicates that the request has not been applied because it lacks valid authentication credentials for the target resource. This status is sent with a WWW-Authenticate header that contains information on how to authorize correctly.