Let’s make more puzzle platformers!

This event is started by me ( @Mathematics2 and @Dragongirl1264 ) and all the currencies, rewards, and prizes are handled by me, not Hopscotch. You can find other similar self-started events in the latest #competitions-and-events or #shops-and-requests topics, or even start one yourself. Because this is started by me, Hopscotch and the forum leaders are not involved or responsible in any of the transactions here.

Everyone I challenge you to make a platformer, but not like any old platformer, but one that has at least one feature that is both creative and hasn’t been done on hopscotch by someone else before! For example:

You are allowed to take inspiration from other games/copy games that aren’t on hopscotch.

You can also use templates.

@Dragongirl1264 has agreed to give out some seed prizes for me because I don’t have any seeds.

First place will get 50 seeds

Second place will get 30 seeds

Third place will get 20 seeds

Me and @Dragongirl1264 will judge.

To join please use this poll:

• I’d like to join!
  • I’m still deciding
  • I wouldn’t like to join or I accidentally voted

0 voters

You have until June 13

8 Likes

Is this a competition with scoring or prizes, or just a challenge for fun?

7 Likes

A challenge for fun as I don’t have any seeds and don’t want my following page or my favorites cluttered.

4 Likes

Unless you @Dragongirl1264 want to give rewards.

3 Likes

Typo: unexpected “aloud” in “you are »aloud« to take…” {expected: allowed}

There is currently a bug that is breaking all types of platformers. Details on this have been posted by Spy Guy 96, so this will be increasingly difficult to make.

Also, I have once made a platformer with Buttons a player can slam on to open a certain door (only works in standard platformers).

I plan to eventually make a platformer where you can control two characters, each with their own set of unique abilities. When I’ll create this is currently unknown, but I plan to have at least 20 levels for this one (80 levels was going a little overboard).

5 Likes

I’ll give out seed prizes

3 Likes

@Mathematics2 for this to be acceptable, you’ll need to include a disclaimer in the OP.

If you are unable to edit your post, or you don’t know what the disclaimer is / how to type it, you can tag a leader to add it for you.

This is the disclaimer:

This event is started by me ( @ yourself ) and all the currencies, rewards, and prizes are handled by me, not Hopscotch. You can find other similar self-started events in the latest #competitions-and-events or #shops-and-requests topics, or even start one yourself. Because this is started by me, Hopscotch and the forum leaders are not involved or responsible in any of the transactions here.

Replace @ yourself with your forum Username. The rest must be copied exactly without any modifications

6 Likes

Fear edited in the disclaimer so it should be all sorted, except you should probably either edit the op (opening post) or make a new post stating the prizes! (I have 180 seeds and I’m willing to give up to 100 so you could base them off that.)

5 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you @Crosbyman64 i’m not a good speller.

3 Likes

Also I agree 80 levels was a bit overboard. At the rate your going you will probably run out of features at least on level 40

3 Likes

I set the seed prizes on the op @Dragongirl1264

3 Likes

Lvl Introductions:

Spikes - 1
Trampoline + Semi-Platforms - 3
Sticky Wall - 4
Door + Key - 6
Rope - 9
Dash Block - 11
NoJump Block - 16
Jump Boost - 21
Feather Falling - 23
Blinking Block - 31
Lava - 36
Cave Theme - 41 — 60
Spike Trap - 41
Electric Orb - 46
Dark Cave Theme - 61 – 80
Crystal Shards - 66

Are you sure I’ll run out by Lvl 40?

And yes, lava wasn’t supposed to be introduced until later.

4 Likes

I meant that you’d have enough to last until level 40 or later.

3 Likes

Also you just said that you weren’t going to have 80 levels but you also just said that the dark cave would end at level 80. They both can’t be true. @Crosbyman64

3 Likes

Common confusion. Those are the introductions for the platformer I’m currently working on (The Adventures Of Squaeyron)

4 Likes

Yeah! I’ll help judge.
Also, if you’d like, I can give out double the current prizes you’ve set. Your choice though

4 Likes

(I can join maybe)

(I can’t really make platformers that well so I might use @/Spy_Guy_96’s platformer template)

4 Likes

Great! after all it’s your seeds @Dragongirl1264. I just don’t want people to think I’m a lier if you don’t think anything is worth giving your seeds up for. That’s why it’s not that big.

3 Likes

Thank you for telling me that as I forgot to say using templates is ok. I put that info on the op @Cipher

4 Likes