Let’s help THT with localization!

Hey there everyone!
I have just looked up reviews about Hopscotch on the App Store and I saw some people unhappy concerning the localization of the app.

I thought how about we publish translations of different parts of the app here, and discuss it along with translation!

Here is some random template I made for submitting your translations:

Summary **Translation submission** 🇫🇷

Starting screen, with the What do you want to do, create or play buttons.
Welcome to HopscotchBienvenue dans Hopscotch

Changing username

Pick a funny nicknameChoisisses un nom drôle

I really want to help THT with localization so if you know, or study a language aside from English, please take part in this topic!

Thank you everyone who participates!

24 Likes

Or Hopscotch could just support different languages by detecting which language the device is set to and displaying text in that language

19 Likes

The problem is that hopscotch knows only English, Spanish and Chinese, so that is what i want to fix

12 Likes

Yeah so they could just support different languages

16 Likes

I like that!

8 Likes

you don’t have to quote the whole thing lool

9 Likes

this is definitely easier

11 Likes

But usually apps dont include other languages, for example it usually depends on which country it was made, for ex:

USA: Spanish; English

7 Likes

So they could add more languages…

8 Likes

you can detect the language the device is set to and translate the text accordingly, which would be a lot easier than having community-submitted translations

10 Likes

Yeah they should do that it saves time and it is better to do

9 Likes

That’d also be convenient

7 Likes

By the way, is the Simplified Chinese translation of Hopscotch done by human or computer? It’s not very accurate.

8 Likes

This is cool! I would like to add to this idea with adding part of your game, and someone that speaks the language can translate it for you so you can add it to your app :))

8 Likes

Why I think community translations are better, it’s because they may be wayyyyy more accurate than computer generated ones.

4 Likes

Yes but you also have to consider that a lot of hsers are kids

Those that know multiple languages could, but you can’t guarantee the accuracy of community submissions more than a computer

6 Likes

besides, I would trust a device setting to be pretty accurate—it has to be for tons of people to buy the device

9 Likes

Cool idea! But I know English, and some Spanish words but I mean I can just use google translate for others.

4 Likes

I think that’s a great idea! :grinning:

4 Likes

Hey pastel! I never knew u we’re on Forum! Or maybeI did and talked to u but don’t remember I’m a forgety brain!

5 Likes