Legacy Interface

I think that in Hopscotch, you should have an option to turn on the legacy interface, which means that the play, edit, and publish buttons are back where they were before. The setting would default to off, so new people don’t get confused, but the older users of the app don’t have to get used to something (in my opinion) unintuitive.
@awesomeonion @Rodrigo @WhoeverIShouldTag

14 Likes

Hey that would be coolio!

Sorry I moved this to the right category @MISSION_IMPOSSIBLE

5 Likes

Yee, there is a new category!

Have you seem the roadmap?

4 Likes

Hmm, true

I’ll leave it here for now, but someome may change the thing!

3 Likes

This would be really cool!

3 Likes

Yo tankt is this in the right category?

1 Like

#meta-hopscotch?
Yeah I think so, #hopscotch-language-evolution is for blocks and stuff.

2 Likes

Okie sure, thanks!

@MISSION_IMPOSSIBLE moved it back, sorry!

2 Likes

Maybe tag @Ana for this kinda stuff as well?

2 Likes

But then what’s the point of changing then?

3 Likes

What do you mean? New users, who were apparently getting confused by the layout, would have the setting defaulted to off, which means they don’t get confused. People who don’t like the new layout could turn it on and then the buttons would go back to normal.

5 Likes

This would be cool!

2 Likes

idk
but if you just don’t have an option to switch then that skips the confusion altogether because the long time people could just relearn the new layout and new people wouldn’t even have gotten used to the old layout because they recently joined.

It’s just a few buttons being switched around so it doesn’t really matter

6 Likes

Still, I reckon this would be good. ¯\_(•–•)_/¯

That is actually ironic. THT made the change due to complaints. But now it seems like hopscotchers are confused and needs getting used to.

2 Likes

The “new” button layout and placement would still be there, but there would be an option to change it back to where it was before. So, you would basically be able to choose if you want to keep it like it was before or have the new placement. The newer layout would most likely be the default option.

3 Likes

Question: What is the point of THT changing the position of the buttons?

2 Likes

Most new users found the old placement confusing.

3 Likes

I see. But this idea is great for both new users and old users.

2 Likes

Yeah that would help. I keep almost publishing my unfinished drafts.

3 Likes