Learning Swift: Where to start?

help
swift
othercodinglanguages

To @staff @alish @hopscotch
I really want to learn how to code with Swift so I can make games on the AppStore. I've watched a few videos, and I know a little bit about variables. I also got the program Xcode on my Mac. I want to know how you develop apps, and where would be the best place to start learning Swift independently. 🤓

Sincerely, Tori the Crafter

@MagmaPOP @Valgo @Funky_63_Greenland @Gilbert189 @Kiwicute2016 @CreationsOfaNoob @oio @OrangeScent1

Hmm... Swift is really fun. I can't remember where I started though. I'll go check. :wink:

I'm glad you tagged me among all these awesome coders :0
I'm not entirely sure where developing apps begin, I think you have to buy a license first :wink: That's all I know as far as answering your question!

Edit: I'm looking it up, and the first result says from 10,000-250,000 depending on the app 0-0

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I'm never going to make an app

Yeah, it's expensive.

Swift is an awesome language! I would start here: https://www.raywenderlich.com/category/swift
Sadly I don't have a mac so I can't program in it, but if you have any questions I might be able to help.

I think it's like $99 a year on Xcode to publish an app to the AppStore

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Instead of making an app

I'm gonna use an app :3

Ok thanks I'm going to check it out!

I wanna learn how to do Python

But when D:

There's no better time than the present

Meh

I'll do it in like...
6th grade

Meh

I think I'm gonna do coding in 6th grade

Lets just turn this into a different type of coding topic!

I wanna learn Java. Where do I start?

You can learn Java on khan academy I think

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I thought Khan Accadmey was just math stuff

There's code too I think, idk

In app store you find several tutorials about swift and Xcode it takes a lot of time to learn but when you have you can make games for App Store