Leaders Q and A Topic

@Yuanyuan read the post above this post

1 Like

it automatically is copied into your post if you create a topic in the bug category.

if this is confusing, just create a topic in the bugs category

3 Likes

Ohhhh thanks

3 Likes

No problem!

2 Likes

Hi! Is there any chance I can get this topic unclived?

It’s really old, but it’s still useful. I see it posted occasionally around the forum now, so technically it’s not really a dead topic. (Also, this was probably one of the most fun things that I’ve ever made/collabed on, and it’s a shame to see it clived.)

Thanks,

5 Likes

sure! though there’s a similiar current one - like a merge perhaps?

5 Likes

Well, I’d prefer not, if possible. I made the Mass Idea Topic with the same sort of idea, but since the Plausible List was a massive collaboration effort with hundreds of ideas, I feel that a merge would be unneeded since the PLoD is more of an idea nuke, whereas the MIT is more of an ideation area - different contexts for a ton of ideas - so the topics don’t really match that well in that way, if you ask me. (Also, it would destroy nostalgic forum history, which upsets me more than anyone probably :pensive: but I guess it’s not really a valid reason anymore.)

And editing the PLoD into the MIT would be useful, but I don’t think I want to consider that right now. I think of them as separate subjects in that way, and I don’t think the PLoD is ever going to be added to. I really just wanted to open up discussion in the PLoD since it’s being posted more often.

7 Likes

oh! I was suggesting a merge of the more recent into the older topic - would that interest you?

8 Likes

I think, personally, the plod is fine clived because reopening that now just splits the ideas topic into 3 (inspiration lounge, Mit and plod) and it’s fine as is with just the inspiration lounge and Mit, especially since plod would just be for discussion over the same things.
Think kingi has a good compromise with the merging Mit into plod tho :))

6 Likes

Lemme clear this up :joy: -
PLoD: Plausible List of Doom
MIT: Mass Idea Topic
IL: Inspiration Lounge

The PLoD is useful and it’s referenced in the original topics of both the IL and the MIT. I think it deserves an individual topic for now, at least; merging does kind of interest me but I don’t want to merge because I haven’t gotten any opinions from the 12 other people I collaborated with, so it would be pretty rude if I didn’t get their say. (Granted, a lot of those members quit already but I don’t think that’s a valid excuse due to their efforts.) Also, merging would destroy a ton of links to it around the forum. So these reasons along with the last ones, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just an un-clive would be great!

5 Likes

the plausible list of doom’s definitely a great discussion sparker - plus a legend amongst hops! :dizzy:
- would be a great place to reopen - my only wonder is if it’s quite similiar to the later topic?
we just try to avoid having duplicates of topics - makes things easier to find and moderate!

merging can be a little confusing! in this context - it means the posts of one topic will join the other - the original topic staying completely intact - links too!

10 Likes

Honestly, I’d rather keep it clived than merged. I guess you guys are right in that regard. If there was any sort of merge, it’d be MIT + PLoD → new topic, just because I haven’t accounted for actually merging the two before. They’re two separate lists to me with two different ideation processes, which makes the ideas and the efforts radically different to me.

I dunno, I just don’t really feel comfortable with a straight up merge, especially if the topic is posted as a 61 like reply (?). And in case one of the collaborators are uncomfortable with the idea, that’s even worse to me.

If you guys don’t want to open it as a standalone topic, I’d rather just keep it closed, basically.
Thanks anyways!

8 Likes

It would be a standalone topic, you’d basically just be putting all of the MIT ideas and posts into the plod topic
but yeah, get where you’re coming from

8 Likes

@Serenity heyo. Just poked you to a topic to delete. Tons of PI and a delete is better than a clivecate + unlist/portals

just a quick tag so you know why I poked :)) thanks in advance

10 Likes

I’m free at the moment too - if you wanna poke to anything!

9 Likes

Found it again and poked :)) also send a quick pm ping for a clived topic I can’t poke people to

7 Likes

can I have a pm?

5 Likes

A PM for?

5 Likes

Something to discuss that’s very offensive to me

3 Likes

And I tell people to stop but they won’t cause it’s funny to them

3 Likes