Select hide my profile and presence features

2 Likes
1 Like

gf,kerwhgukwhfduhwekuhfukcerh

1 Like

How do people knowwww

1 Like

Hi there, Hops! @omtl

We’ve received requests for greater transparency regarding suspensions and silencings. So, we’re sharing with you all something that we’ve been using internally - with a few changes aimed at helping you understand what went “wrong” if you are ever warned, suspended, or silenced. As always, our moderation policy is consistent with the Community Guidelines and Guideline Extension Topic, so if you’re ever confused about a situation, be sure to check in those places first!

The below text will be added into the Community Guidelines under Guideline #9, as well as the original post of this topic, for easy access.

If you break a community guideline, you will receive an official warning. If you receive three warnings, your account will be silenced for a day. If, after two silencings, you continue to break a community guideline, you will receive a two-week suspension. After that, any continued breach of guidelines will result in a permanent suspension.

For an easy way to remember this: just think 3-2-1!

As always, we’re here to help!
~ your forum leadership team :rocket:

26 Likes

Ok I told you guys

7 Likes

oh, and @Awesome_E - since you are the proud owner of the FAQ post - is there somewhere in the table of contents that you think these revisions might fit best?

16 Likes

Well I won’t need to remember that
<mr overconfident here>

8 Likes

If, say you got the two week suspension, after a few months of good behavior, and being helpful to the community would one be able to get a warning instead of permanent suspension?

13 Likes

I only received one warning and i got silenced

10 Likes

that’s why we’re working to make this system public, and keep better track of records. if you’ve received previous warnings, suspensions, or silencings, those will reset as of today - the next time a guideline is broken you will receive Official Warning #1.

but the best way to avoid all this complication - and to fulfill our mission - is to follow the community guidelines! :wink:

16 Likes

you can contact us about special cases - I will have to confer with the team.
my current understanding is that your trust level being locked is a consequence of your previous silencing, so you must finish those consequences before your level can be earned back.

my clarification was meant for future infractions - i.e. if you demonstrated a flame war right now, you would receive a warning instead of a second silencing. sorry if that wasn’t clear!

16 Likes

I set a bookmark to remind me to reorganize that post a little – will tag you when I get around to doing that

10 Likes

Good to hear :)

5 Likes

Thanks for posting this, this definitely makes things clearer :))

8 Likes

that is great those rules are like the rules at my school! good job leaders Ana :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thanks! We’ll try our best to keep the community as safe as possible :wink:.

4 Likes

@FearlessPhoenix Just curious if there’s any news on this?

7 Likes

Ahhh nope not yet sorry
I’ll get back to you soon tho

6 Likes