Leaders Q and A Topic

Why do flame wars/arguments get portalled?
Can’t others learn from the arguments not to make the same mistakes?

8 Likes

Because they can get spammy and they sometimes aren’t the nicest of environments. Another reason is to help prevent outside people from getting involved if I were to guess.

9 Likes

I agree with @tehgreatdoge

That’s why transparency needs to increase,

9 Likes

Also i kinda feel like the english-language only thing is kind of a bit too harsh

If one of the missions is to include everyone, then maybe we need to loosen the language barrier a bit

keep in mind that google translate isn’t 100% accurate

11 Likes

Hey guys, please stop posting here content about the forum in general. This topic is to ask leaders about the aspects of their job or ask for their advice.

18 Likes

Hey again!
My brother (Chai) tried contacting Ana via email well over 3 weeks ago at this point, and hasn’t received a response back yet. He’s starting to doubt that Ana will ever get back to him, so I’m hoping that coming here with our inquiry will help him find a way to contact Ana faster. The only problem is that he doesn’t remember what email he used for his forum account on here, but he suspects that it might be one in particular.

9 Likes

Hi! That is unfortunate and I understand your frustration. Ana has a lot to do, but I’m sure she will answer as fast as she can!
Posting here usually reminds her because she checks this topic every now and then. If she doesn’t answer, I can remind her behind the scenes.

Ana is the only one who can do this because leaders can not see or change a person’s profile details.
She will reply as soon as possible!

9 Likes

I’ve had this question for a few days, why where all of the GTs being deleted during April 9 2019

5 Likes

Because they weren’t Hopscotch related, plus they took up a lot of space

Ah the good ol days

Let’s move this to another topic (just this bit)

4 Likes

For organization

4 Likes

There were a lot of different reasons. The main ones were that they weren’t code related, became very cliquey and got spammy, and often ones were just kinda unnecessary (so organization and whatnot)

8 Likes

A reorganization of the forum happened last year. You can read more here:

This has already been answered, but in case you want to read the official statement.

10 Likes

Out of curiosity, are character forms (the ones that people can input characteristics to)required in writers nook (writing coded stories)?

7 Likes

Not required, but most people do them for involvement and whatnot. You can also get forumers are characters without, but it’s easier if there’s from you have to fill out, especially for the writer. If they’re looking for something specific, like pronouns, height, or whatever, it’s easiest to provide a template with that in there so it gets stated. Otherwise, if everyone just types up a para, they may leave that info out, which would make it harder for the author to get it, and would be more work for everyone involved, for the most part.
Personally, I just think it makes it more fun. It’s cool to see so many great character designs and ideas, and incorporating so many different ones makes the story more interesting, and gives the writer a bit of a fun challenge. It also makes every story that much more unique

11 Likes

^^ exactly! i use them so that i can get a better idea of what the character should act and look like

8 Likes

Second this lol

7 Likes

Yeee that’s why I add them. It’s easier to envision my characters

2 Likes

Ohh so character forms are not required but forumers creating characters for the story is required?

3 Likes

I have no clue where I should post this, because I know leads can’t do this kind of thing but idk.

@Ana, is it possible to change the em​ail this account uses? Because I’m using a school one rn that’s been deleted and I’d like to change it to my home ad​dress.

3 Likes

On your forum account? It is possible, just go into settings and there should be a pencil button. You can edit it to another email. The forum will send an email to your old and new emails stating you’ve changed your email.

6 Likes