Leaders Q and A Topic

What’s this lock thingy i see on posts

4 Likes

It’s a “lock” that means that gets set when a has edited the post. Usually, we remove the lock after editing, but due to the current editing restrictions on the forum, it doesn’t really affect anything.

7 Likes

@Yuanyuan, can we start a PM? It’s the womp issue with my Goldberg Machine. It’s bugging again

3 Likes

Thanks for the edit @t1_hopscotch!

2 Likes

Ok got it thanks!

1 Like

how will i find my unlisted topics? My bookmarks are deleted too

2 Likes

They will re-appear when we open access to the categories again, which is scheduled to be before this weekend

3 Likes

but it’s unlisted lol

or all topics will be re-listed?

4 Likes

Yes, but your bookmarks and your profile’s topic list will show them when you have access to them. Because we are trying to reduce the number of notification delivered, you currently won’t have access to those topics, but once we finish and open the category, the bookmarks should appear again because the topics still have the same IDs

Your topics will continue to be unlisted

4 Likes

okay, thanks a lot!

3 Likes

Yep, no problem. We are trying our best to make this go as smoothly as possible, so thanks for your patience!

4 Likes

Check edit history

5 Likes

French wave why are posts about leaving not allowed?
I mean shouldn’t we be able to say goodbye to our friends instead of them just leaving without us knowing?

7 Likes

Yea, while it is sad, it’s also necessary because some users in the past have abused “goodbye posts” as a way to gain attention while not following through with their claims about moving on from the forum. In order to prevent this, goodbye posts are currently banned on the forum.

13 Likes

Yep, that definitely makes sense. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
(This used to be me when I was younger)

However, if this is the only reason, I personally still feel like a separate Goodbye / Taking a Break topic might be nice for people that do want to leave for a little while, due to personal reasons. This community, and many of its members, are really dear to a lot of people. And, time and time again, it’s proven that leaving is generally temporary anyways (I’ve proven myself this a couple times :sweat_smile:).

So in the end, telling people that you’re leaving would be different than leaving forever, per se, and the only reason you’d ever come back is if you really miss it here. I really do respect that this rule is in place for this reason, because hypocrisy is pretty hard to take in. But especially when you don’t have much contact with other people besides the forum, it’s hard to leave without telling your friends that you’ll be gone for a while, I guess.

With all good intentions, hopefully this speaks for other people as well as myself.

12 Likes

Another closely related takeaway is that, for every person that leaves, there are many people that care about that person, and will miss them, without knowing why they left or when they might return. That’s the most sad part, I think.

With this being said, I hope this sparks some discussion, but also I don’t mean to bring this up to intentionally break rules. This is a meaningful subject because it can help alleviate sadness over sudden disappearances, which many have experienced.

10 Likes

That’s right

I’ve tried/intended to leave several times due to irl stuff, or just not fitting, or that one point when I stopped wanting to code, but the only thing that brought me back every time was the community here

8 Likes

Yes. Thx.
How do you anon a account

4 Likes

if youd like yours anoned, feel free to tag us with your request. we’ll discuss it internally and do it for you asap

6 Likes

if a group is closed can you still tag it? @pumpkingirl

6 Likes