Leaders Q and A Topic

Hi!
As you guys probably already know, me (@FearlessPhoenix), @SuperGirl3Acer, @Roller_Blade, @t7lks , @William04GamerA, @Serenity, @Autobot_Beejay, @HopscotchRemixer and @Jazz are the new Forum Leaders.
This is a Q and A topic, where you can ask us questions about anything we do. This may also be used as a topic for future reference.

Ask away, and we’ll do our best to answer!

Nice topic first reply cool

FAQ At A Glance (I will continue to edit this)

Can you create custom groups?

No, they cannot. That is a mod-only function

Can you PM people?

Same as above

How about Custom Titles?

Mods said they shouldn’t, so I guess you can just ask @Ana. Also, these are only given to certain people, so please do not bombard Ana with questions

What can I ask them?

You can ask them questions about anything from forum protocols to Hopscotch code. They’ll also ensure that your topics and posts are relevant and positive. You can always tag them if you notice inappropriate content.

When is a good time to tag them?

I’m sure they would love to help anytime, whether it is to deal with a flamewar, closing a topic temporarily, etc. Feel free to tag them for help, that’s why they are leaders.

When could I become a leader?

I want to know that too – whenever Ana or mods need some more or offer up some more spots or need more assistance – here is a bit of info on that:

What can a leader do?

• Edit all posts
  • Pin/unpin topic
  • Close topics
  • Archive topics
  • Make topics unlisted
  • Split and merge topics
  • Reset topic bump date
  • Daily like limit increased by 3×
  • Any TL4 flag cast on any post immediately takes effect and hides the target post

What can’t a leader do?

• Anything related to users, banning and profiles; this is restricted to THT so all users stay safe.
  • As previously mentioned, PMing people, custom groups, and custom titles are all mod-only functions.
  • Basically, a leader has full control of every post and topic, but nothing related to users

How can I see when any leader is on so I don’t have to check each or tag them?

You can go to the leaders group and see when each person last posted or was last seen

Any other questions?

Feel free to tag me or a leader about a FAQ, and I will keep this post updated for a few days

Can’t you close topics or something

What are some new things you can do lol

Yup!
We can do a lot, like splitting and merging topics and opening and closing and editing any post and making anything a wiki

And more

What does this:

look like for you?

What do y’all think of the older leaders? Back in 2016 or so?

Same type of thing. They were great, new ones will be too

It has a big wrench next to it. To the right.

2016 leaders were gods lol

I wanted a screenshot response but thanks

24%20PM

Thank you @Awesome_E, for putting up those FAQ! That was very helpful and probably just saved us some time!

Full screenshot, but thanks again

39%20PM

Do you get tagged a lot? @FearlessPhoenix
Do you get to come up with challenges?

Lol yeah I’ve gotten a. Lot of tags today

Eh well we got announced as leaders today so not much yet

Also, did you apply for leader, or just randomly got picked?

We all applied and had to go through a bunch of challenges to get to the next rounds.

Wow, sounds hard. Did you have to like, code stuff?

No they didn’t – it was about analyzing situations in the forum and personality test