:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 2

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Official] Forum Suggestions Topic

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/question-of-the-day-math-science/63549?u=tri-angle

hey, could a leader delete the whole OP content and add the following text? tysm!!

Text

:small_blue_diamond: This event is officially approved by the forum leaders. The contest is handled by me, not Hopscotch. :small_blue_diamond:

Hello, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the official Mathematical Corner! Have a tea or coffee before i get started :coffee:

This is the Question of the Day event, where I post every ~3 days a quick quiz on a science or math fact. All questions will be accompanied with a poll, where you vote what makes the more sense for ya! 3 days later, I’ll close the poll, give a detailed explanation for it, and then post a new question for the next 3 days!

If you’d like to get notified for the event, let me know in this topic and I’ll add you to the tag list :D

This topic was previously “Mathematical Corner”. I took a break and now I’m back with the addition of science subjects!

Have fun! :hs_space_pod:

for easier copy paste
🔹 This event is officially approved by the forum leaders. The contest is handled by me, not Hopscotch. 🔹
___
Hello, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the official Mathematical Corner! Have a tea or coffee before i get started :coffee:

This is the **Question of the Day** event, where I post every ~3 days a quick quiz on a science or math fact. All questions will be accompanied with a poll, where you vote what makes the more sense for ya! 3 days later, I'll close the poll, give a detailed explanation for it, and then post a new question for the next 3 days!

If you'd like to get notified for the event, let me know in this topic and I'll add you to the tag list :<text>D

<br>

This topic was previously "Mathematical Corner". I took a break and now I'm back with the addition of science subjects!

Have fun! :hs_space_pod: 
11 Likes

yep, i’m sure :)

7 Likes

Is there anyone that can clear projects with seed block other than @/Yuanyuan. My spooktober has one and it hasn’t been cleared and the comp ends tomorrow.

8 Likes

dont worry, your entry will be considered because you published it -even if its in the filter- before the deadline :) t1 can also unfilter fyi, however they both dont work during the weekend tmk

10 Likes

It looks like it was filtered accidentally by the word filter. There was a word used in a “Broadcast Message” block and 2 “When message matches”. (For context, it’s not a full word but a shortened form, starting with t.)

The word wasn’t used in a bad way, so I will approve it for the competition deadline. But it might be filtered again if you want to update it, so it may be worth fixing it. I can approve it again if you want to update it.

8 Likes

The word filter set it off?

5 Likes

Ok I updated to change the name (messed up the name.) but I couldn’t find the word filter.

4 Likes

I will reply in edit history with the word that set it off.

The title was not the problem, but I approved it again anyway.

6 Likes

Could you tell me which object so could change it?

4 Likes

I think one of the objects doesn’t have a name — possibly it was deleted but still remains in the project.

You can probably ask on this topic, as unfortunately I don’t have time to investigate thoroughly at the moment. (I can review projects if it’s the Seed block)

Just post the project link there:

7 Likes

Hello, Why is there a like limit?

7 Likes

To maintain their value in some way (encourages people to use likes on posts that they really think are worth liking) and also to avoid spamming.

12 Likes

is there a way to make sure a project stays in the filter without putting any filtered words? So, could i ask yuanyuan or t1 to just leave it in there?

7 Likes

A project will go into the filter if it has the request seeds block, custom images, or filtered words. You could ask yuanyuan or t1 to leave it in the filter, bust aside from that I don’t think there’s any way to keep it there without using filtered words.

13 Likes

I feel like one of the only solutions might be for a leader to have to approve all leaving posts

I completely agree with all of your points by the way

I spend quite a deal of time digging up old posts/topics. This has definitely proven that lea ving was a big problem. When the forum transitioned around 2019 (around when I joined), the forum had these rules in place. As a result, many former members left the forum. (many of which were the reason the rules like these were added) I feel like it sometimes is wrong to punish a fresh/new group of members for former actions. We have presently proven that some of the members can handle these kinds of responsibilities. For example: would you rather, forum games, etc. This is why I believe some rules should waver. Some of these rules should be word filters: As some of yall might know, words such as (G od, Bi ble, and other Chr istian-related words) are blocked. These restrictions were intended for a former forum time. They were used against Chri stians to cause controversy. Another restriction should be lea ving which I have already described why. Some may feel hurt and sad but it would help clear up to others why someone is gone. Sometimes that clarity can help people learn and grow (which ultimately is the point of the forum)

13 Likes

i agree

11 Likes

thats absolutely not --nor has it ever, nor will it ever be-- the case and we’re sorry you feel that way. if you have feedback, we’d actually encourage you to pass it along so we can bring it up for discussion internally.
those words have been blocked since a period of the forum during which generally controversial discussions (including but not limited to all religion) were prevalent and resulted in a lot of flame and hurt feelings. this is also why all Igbt words are filtered.

we’re absolutely down for revisiting these policies; i’m just explaining why theyre there in the first place. there is nothing discriminatory about any of them, that’d actively go against Hopscotch’s values

18 Likes

fear, i think “they” in this sentence

refers to the words being used by other forum users

9 Likes

Thanks for the reply,

By the “used against” I was referring to what you described as, a controversial/flame war convo. I would never accuse yall of purposely against a reli-gion/group.

10 Likes