:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 2

@Pumpkin (since you were the last mod online)
I don’t know if this would be a question for yuanyuan or a question for the mods

Me and @/DogIcing had an idea for a shop which would include people earning seeds.
The project is basically YouTube in hopscotch, and you could pay to have your advertisements play before someone’s video.
The shop would work like this:

• people would pay x amount of seeds for their ad to show before a video of somebody else’s’
  • we would accept their payment, and take a portion of the earnings for ourselves, let’s say like 50%
  • the person who made the video would receive the other 50% of the seeds that came from the ads

Would this be allowed do you think?

6 Likes

It’s to download your post if you get anonned or posts deleted

4 Likes

It sounds a little confusing - but I’ll bring your idea up to see if it’s possible!
could you tell me who’s making the videos, and a little more about the system?
the less moving around of seeds the better - as it’s more simple and easy to keep track of!

Hi there early bird! This group hasn’t taken flight yet, but it will in a while. Please come back later, because we are not accepting any requests to join right now.

above’s the description - this was a possible extension of omtl but we discovered another way to keep using the original!

8 Likes

The videos would be requested by hopscotchers and would be done for free.
Additionally, there would be another section of the shop where you could buy an ad. These ads would show up before or after certain videos (the buyer decides which videos) and they would advertise a game or project the buyer made.

The person who made the video would get seeds from the ad buyer’s payment because it showed in front of their video.

Yep!

6 Likes

Who makes the videos? Are you doing them?

5 Likes

Yes, we’re doing the videos, but they would be requested by people (like how long it is, what is it about, what images should be used, etc)

4 Likes

Alright, I understand. Thank you! We’ll continue discussing it internally and get back to you.

4 Likes

Hey hops!

It’s been great to such a large variety of shops around the forum, they’re all full of such great ideas! However, we have a small announcement regarding requesting seeds:

In order to request seeds, one must provide one of the below which cannot be undone:

• Projects
  • Services
  • Commissions

This means likes and follows cannot be sold on the app - they’re very hard to keep track of, and can be easily undone! This change has been reflected in the community guidelines as well:

As of this announcement, we will be removing these sorts of products from all existing shops. Adding these after removal will result in community warnings.

Let us know if you have any questions below :slight_smile:
@omtl

20 Likes

can you sale likes on the forum tho? they cant be undo after a certain amount of time jsyk

6 Likes

^^ im wondering the same

I’ve removed these things from my shops.

7 Likes

could a mod transfer some of my badges to this user? I’d like my seed dev one if possible, and my badges for curated projects, and my comp participation badges if possible? ty!

12 Likes

How close am I to getting aficionado?

4 Likes

while we do understand the permanence, selling likes in general is a vague concept, and we dont want there to be any confusion or mixups between forum likes and app likes being sold.

you can absolutely offer spamlikes and such as prizes, but never in a transactional way involving seeds

11 Likes

oki, thx for the clarification!

9 Likes

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/rainbow-rush-platformer-beta-testing/58955/74
How did I get tagged by omtl by here ^

Edit: ohh ok. Thanks

5 Likes

Someone edited the top post, which can cause you to get re-tagged again.

7 Likes

That actually makes a lot of sense.

4 Likes

could somebody open up this topic pls?
thank you :)

3 Likes

@koiphish tysm
for some reason i cant post there tho, its weird…
could somebody else try?

4 Likes

the topic is still in deprecated, and for some reason it’s not allowing me to put it in the right category. not sure why but ill bring it up with the other leaders. might just be doing something wrong haha

6 Likes